Saiga 7.62 or Lancaster 7.62 pistol?

been debating getting a lancaster 7.62 pistol then I started thinking about it.

the barrel on the pistol is 11.5", add a ak74 brake, thats about 14.5"?

a saiga 7.62 is 16.5,it would be pretty close to the same length + I could have a buttstock, thanks to CA laws I can't have a SBR, but I can have a pistol.

I've never shot one of these in a pistol, do you see any advantages/ setbacks to the pistol over the rifle, or vise versa?

seems like it would be funner to have the buttstock on it.

oh, and do the ballistics change on 7.62 when its out of that shorter barrel? from what I read it looks like it only slows down by like 250fps

Edited by MikeMacCham

I wouldn't buy a Lancaster anything, ever. Do a search for Chet Durda, and you'll see why I would never risk my money with him. If you want a pistol I think that a Draco is the best route to go, however, I think that a normal AK rifle has much more utility than an AK pistol. If you don't plan to turn the pistol into a rifle, then I would just get a rifle. My 2 cents.

• Like 2

I wouldn't buy a Lancaster anything, ever. Do a search for Chet Durda, and you'll see why I would never risk my money with him. If you want a pistol I think that a Draco is the best route to go, however, I think that a normal AK rifle has much more utility than an AK pistol. If you don't plan to turn the pistol into a rifle, then I would just get a rifle. My 2 cents.

DONT DEAL WITH LANCASTER

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/67400-lancaster-arms/page__p__651394__fromsearch__1#entry651394

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/68069-wow-rust-forming-only-after-3-hours-and-200-rounds/page__p__658428__fromsearch__1#entry658428

Edited by Saiga Power

thanks, I had heard that before, and somehow forgot. A Draco just sold for $325 on another site, but since I can't convert it to a srb, I agree, think i'll just stick to my 4th saiga (never had a probelm with any of them) and build it how I want.

What's the difference between the different pistols ?

I want to put a quad rail and horizontal forward grip with a small light/ laser (like on glocks), sling and that's it.

After looking at my Saiga 223 16" I'm going with a pistol just to get something different, cheap and fun + punching through car doors is a +.

To bad shipping is so Damm much for a pistol. Gonna have to find one local.. In CA... That'll be eAsy (ya right)

The Draco barrel is......somewhere aroudn 11.5 inches if I remember correctly, and it uses any handguards that a standard AKM/AK74 can use. The mini is.... way too small and just looks like an accident waiting to happen with how short the barrel is.

Also, so you know, putting a forward grip on a pistol instantly turns it into an NFA item, and without the paperwork and stamp you'd be in violation of federal law with it.

From what o have read

According to the ATF a horizontal forward grip is not a forward pistol grip.

Thanks for the heads up though

Right right, I misread your post and was thinking you meant for a vertical foregrip.

• 2 months later...