• Muslim
    • Buddist
    • Wicca
    • other (I can only add 10 choices)
  3. 3. Gender

• Male
    • Female
    • Somewhere in between

So, some of us know just how diverse this forum is.

Some don't.

So represent!

I'm Polish/Irish, both on the Catholic side for background & the old world traditions instilled in us, but would be considered christian protestant for religious faith.

The reason I differentiated between 2 white groups is the divide that's stood between the 2 groups historically.

I can only add 3 questions with 10 options each, so I apologize if I left anyone out.

This poll is anonymous.... :ph34r:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The one that REALLY needs to be here is ....               AMERICAN         That is what matters. The rest is just noise.             I am American.    

Oh This Is Fun!!!   I'm a Filipino Citizen.   I am 1/2 Spanish, 1/4 Chinese, and 1/4 Filipino.   I am a RomanCatholicBuddhistRastafarian

I'm preparing myself for the shit storm. If we're talking about diversity on this forum, how about this one: Democrat (except when it comes to gun control).    

Okay, due to multiple PM requests to add more categories, which I cannot, due to software limitations, I'm opening this up to comment.

This is however, against my better judgment.

No race-war on the S-12 forum please!

Nobody is "wrong" for being who they are.

Also, come-on...

I know for a fact that we have a very large South American & Asian base here.

Represent!

(the "race" part allows multiple votes since many people in the U.S. are from a multicultural background)

• Like 1

in the "race" part, where I included a distinction between white catholic & protestant derives from traditions of many central & western European societies. The Irish & jewish also tend to carry many of the same traditions.

The societies, such as Polish, Italian, Irish, Romanian, Jewish etc... who have lived for centuries under the influence of others tend to look inward to the family or community for support & tend to have a mistrust of those in official power in general.

When our families came to America, they were outsiders as opposed to Germanic, British etc... so we held to our old world traditions .

For instance, many of us never call the police or present our issues to authority. Instead we keep it within the family, or those close to us & take care of issues through internal channels.

The majority of the population tends not to see the distinction, but how a person is raised & the traditions they come from do shape how they see the world & society in general.

The one that REALLY needs to be here is ....

AMERICAN

That is what matters. The rest is just noise.

th_Captain_America1.gif

flagpoles.jpg

I am American.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 10

Jewish isn't a race, it's a religion.

I don't know if Pauly knew it or it was accidental but most Jews outside of the US consider themselves Jews then what ever country they are from. Like Jew from Spain or from US, Germany, Mexico ....whatever. for Jews it is a nationality. Even in Russia today. You are either Russian or Jewish. Even if you can trace your heritage back a thousand years. Im 1/2 Jewish and can trace my dna blood line back about 10k years to the Russian stepe and I also dont get that idea of Jewdism being a nationality but it is what it is.

Back on topic.

As for me 1/2 Maldovan, 1/2 Ukrainian (100% soviet) and 100% athiest.

Edited by Arik
  • Like 2

Why is white broken up into protestant and catholic. That's religion, not race.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

No idea why that got a -1 but ill have to +1 it. I was unable to participate in the pole because I dont believe that race/religion is a factor together in one. If you want to accurately ask how racially diverse the forum is you might brake the race/religion into 2 different parts.

• Like 1

I'm a 100% American Mutt.

Racially, Caucasian with a nice ethnic blend of German, French, English and healthy helping of American Indian to add flavor to the European monotony.

Religiously, Christian claiming the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, aka Mormon... Though I admit I'm a inactive and in no way close to being a Saint. :blush:

Sexuality, well adjusted hetero male with a Wife and three Kidz

Edited by ChileRelleno

Why is white broken up into protestant and catholic. That's religion, not race.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

No idea why that got a -1 but ill have to +1 it. I was unable to participate in the pole because I dont believe that race/religion is a factor together in one. If you want to accurately ask how racially diverse the forum is you might brake the race/religion into 2 different parts.

+1 Im not gunna vote because I'm Irish, Scottish, German, French, English, Dutch and others, all white. I do not identify with Protestant or Catholic.

• Like 1

How are we dividing Whites? Thirty Years War lines? If so, I'm probably mostly on the Protestant side, though most of my family members who were of any religion in recent generations have been Catholic. I'll vote both, but I'm neither though.

I understand why people might balk at listing race and religion... Most of us are Americans and we do have a bit of "Who cares where you came from, or how you pray?". I'm one of them. I absolutely ABHOR hyphenated Americanism.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic... There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

TR

But, too many times people who criticize "gun people" seem to paint us as only white-anglo-saxon-protestant-christians, without a higher education, driving pickups, in the rural USA.

We are not.

We are as diverse by race, nationality, sex, and religion as any group, and I'm happy to see just how diverse we really are.

Cheers Pauly!

Ask Europe.. "Multiculturalism is a failure".

Only thing I hate more that hyphenated America is people who view us truck drivn' uneducated WASP in a poor light. hypocrites...

There is a HUGE difference between "Diversity" and "Tolerance".

you tolerate the flu, taxes & Imported societies .

Diversity means you can live with Imported societies. Nothin' says you gotta be warm and fuzzy about it...

Too Bad that in America, Conservative Christians are shunned but any other religion is good to go...

I'll welcome anyone as a neighbor based on their actions... no other criteria required.

"I'll welcome anyone as a neighbor based on their actions... no other criteria required."

Very much agreed Juggs,

but please don't preach about how "shunned" Conservative Christians are till you walk in anothers' boots. 20yrs ago, you didn't see fish and crosses on bussiness vehicles. Today, they're every fricking where. But if I were to paint a Mjolnir(Thor's Hammer) on my truck, I have NO doubt that if I didn't loose clients(actually very few as they already know me well enough and the way I do business, etc) I wouldn't gain many, if any at all. Most horse folk are Christian to one degree or another. And there are plenty of "good" Christian horseshoers out there. This is why I rarely feel able to talk about my faith with clients, at least not until we've come to know each other fairly well.

Is it justified to cry prejudice when everyone is in the same boat?

Perhaps Race should be limited to the big 3,

Caucausoid

Negroid

Mongoloid

with a few additions like Middle Easten, Pacific Islander, and ???

Then a column for Ethnicity, along with Gender and maybe go with type of Theism for Religion, Atheist, Monotheist, Dualtheist, Pantheist, Polytheist, and whatever others.

Just a thought.

I'll get to you Anti-Hyphenated Americans in another topic. :angel:

Edited by BpS12

"I'll welcome anyone as a neighbor based on their actions... no other criteria required."

Very much agreed Juggs, but please don't preach about how "shunned" Conservative Christians are till you walk in anothers' boots.

Brother, I've done my time on the flip of that coin in other countries.

Even had a machine gun shoved in my six year old face for being the "Wrong Brand" of Christian in central america mid 70's.

(My folks were missionaries)

Been there, done that... MG's are more offensive that silly fish or hammers on cars IMO..

if I were to paint a Mjolnir(Thor's Hammer) on my truck, I have NO doubt that if I didn't loose clients(actually very few as they already know me well enough and the way I do business, etc) I wouldn't gain many, if any at all.

My guess is people would just think it was a blacksmith thing since you're a blacksmith and blacksmiths use small sledge-hammers & they wouldn't give it a second thought.

I never knew what a Mjolnir was until just now when I did a google image search.

• Like 2

Very much agreed Juggs, but please don't preach about how "shunned" Conservative Christians are till you walk in anothers' boots.

Brother, I've done my time on the flip of that coin in other countries.

Even had a machine gun shoved in my six year old face for being the "Wrong Brand" of Christian in central america mid 70's.

(My folks were missionaries)

Been there, done that... MG's are more offensive that silly fish or hammers on cars IMO..

You're right, but then again, I know a guy personally, that had his bookstore firebombed repeatedly, because he wasn't Christian. IN THIS COUNTRY. In fact near Columbus OH.

You got an MG in your face because your parents were trying to spead their version of the "Good Word" to people(posibly under the thumb of a government) that didn't want it. This guy's livelyhood was repeatedly harassed just because he was just trying to follow his (alternative) faith and help others find theirs.

I'm sure we can all go blow for blow on ostresization. Is it really necessary?