10 round steel magazine prototype

Well I figured the five round prototype did not quite have the fun factor your all looking for.

So we went and made one of these for you to drool over.

Weighs 13.1 ounces

Loads on a closed bolt, and can be loaded 10+1.

post-2952-0-06045800-1310313087_thumb.jpg

Roughly the same size as a 30 round AK-47 magazine.

post-2952-0-19486500-1310313090_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just 2 3/4, we looked at the design several times and could not come up with a way to run both hull lengths in the same magazine.

Yes you can use a wedge to make a 3 inch magazine feed 2 3/4 but the resistance that generated in our magazine was more then I liked.

Awesome! Will it fit in an AK mag pouch?

I don't have any pouches to test fit. What types/brands are you wanting to use?

when do you think they will be available to us?

The tens are going to be about 60+ days away. Fives and eights are going into production and could be done within 30 days.

• Like 1

The tens are going to be about 60+ days away. Fives and eights are going into production and could be done within 30 days.

Will you be selling some of the 8 or 5 rounders un-finished? (possibly at a reduced price :bad_smile: ?)I'm going to refinish my S20 and I was thinking about doing the mags as well. This would save me some time.

Will you be selling some of the 8 or 5 rounders un-finished? (possibly at a reduced price :bad_smile: ?)I'm going to refinish my S20 and I was thinking about doing the mags as well. This would save me some time.

I guess I could.. Just remember that the insides would be bare steel, and should really be coated with some form of rust prevention.

Any chance you may make all steel S-12 mags at some point? those are sweet looking :super:

Yeah probably at some point. We wanted to test our production capability before getting into a high demand product line like the S-12.

csspecs,

Thank you sir for your perseverance in bringing this product to reality. I look forward to aquiring more than a few of these beauties. Will you be parkerizing or blueing or just give options on the finish? It looks like a solid product.

nyclu3

Normally we use Black oxide (hot bluing). Its a fairly cost effective coating, and does not change the magazines dimensionally.

I am checking into other finishing options, any selling points of parking? My gripe with it was that it can turn greenish gray and can be color inconsistent from batch to batch.

I don't have any pouches to test fit. What types/brands are you wanting to use?

IDK, just curious to see if they occupy a similar volume. Most chest rigs and modular gear is set up for AR-15 mags anyhow. I have a 5 cell AK pouch that I like very much, It'd be nice if these fit, but not a deal breaker.

Any chance you may make all steel S-12 mags at some point? those are sweet looking :super:

Yeah probably at some point. We wanted to test our production capability before getting into a high demand product line like the S-12.

Awesome.... looks like I may have to keep an eye out for your company in the future....

Ive sworn id get some higher then 5 round cap mags, and if you make some Steel s-12's in 8-10 round capacity ill just have to make sure I get some...

Especially if they are reasonably priced (Not 100-150 bucks) as I LOVE the idea of having proper all steel mags for my favorite shotgun :killer:

I have pricing quotes in, comes out to about $55 for the 8 round and $60 for the 10 round.. Laser cutter company came up with a solution to save money and resources.

Final out the door cost will be determined by the finisher company, it may cost a few more dollars for the 10rds if they can't do them horizontal.. But they need samples before they can answer that.

Wow, actual 20 gauge magazines that are more than 5 rounds? Please tell me it's not just a dream. I haven't been able to acquire any S20 large mags for a long time. I was thinking of selling my 20 gauge because the lack of large capacity mags was making me angry, now I just may keep it around for fun if you do start selling these mags soon.

Wow, actual 20 gauge magazines that are more than 5 rounds? Please tell me it's not just a dream. I haven't been able to acquire any S20 large mags for a long time. I was thinking of selling my 20 gauge because the lack of large capacity mags was making me angry, now I just may keep it around for fun if you do start selling these mags soon.

Theres actually a 13 rounder available for those who are lucky enough not to be in a ban state. Sadly NY has a limit of 10 so I was boned until csspecs came up with the steel 5/8/10 rounders. Heres a link to the 13s if your not behind the iron curtain. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-356/Izhmash-RAA-Saiga-20/Detail

Theres actually a 13 rounder available for those who are lucky enough not to be in a ban state. Sadly NY has a limit of 10 so I was boned until csspecs came up with the steel 5/8/10 rounders. Heres a link to the 13s if your not behind the iron curtain. http://store.carolin...Saiga-20/Detail

got a link for the 5/8/10 rounders?

The steel 5,8,10 mags are still in production by csspecs. I believe he said around 30 days for the 5 and 8s his website is in his sig.

Edit: whoops guess I was a little slow in posting

Edited by XXasdf

Wow, actual 20 gauge magazines that are more than 5 rounds? Please tell me it's not just a dream.

At this point, it is still just a dream. We've been here, before.

I'll agree to a point.

The main difference is this time the whole set of production tooling is already made. I'll take pictures as we go.

But I guess we will all know in 30 days or so.

Update:8-4-11

Well small lesson learned.. Quoted time should not be quoted. Parts still have not arrived so my quoted finish time is going to be off.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...