Cool. When I was at Ft. Polk, kids would fill the 105 howitzer we fired at the start and end of the day with golf balls, if we were lucky. After the 3rd time, the PM finally let us aim it away from the Main Gate, and the MP gate shack we used to man, lol.

Have fun with that cute lil thing.

I built an air cannon using a turbo start valve for the trigger a few years back, at 150 psi it would put rags wrapped in duck tape through 3/4" ply wood at 100ft...Sometimes people I work with still bring me items they want destroyed....A coworker has a black berry sitting on death row as we speak.

Just finished a new toy. A golf ball cannon.

th_Golfballcannon.jpg

Can you use flash powder as a charge?

Yakdung

Only if you want a bomb instead of a cannon. This is for 1F cannon grade black powder only. Flash powder is WAY too energetic. A golf ball can be fired through a small tree with 1F.

Just finished a new toy. A golf ball cannon.

th_Golfballcannon.jpg

Can you use flash powder as a charge?

Yakdung

Only if you want a bomb instead of a cannon. This is for 1F cannon grade black powder only. Flash powder is WAY too energetic. A golf ball can be fired through a small tree with 1F.

I have set flash charges under sliced half sections of seamless high pressure oil canisters without any structural damage. Just curious.

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung

In the thumbnail the body of the cannon looked like a tallboy can, but that's a pretty substantial little gadget! The question is, are there any local courses that will allow you to play 18 holes with it?

My buddy made the barrel from a solid rod of high-strength steel approx. 9.6" long. Wall thickness is 1/2" breech is 2" thick. I made the sled from 3/4" red oak held together with 1.5" steel screws and Devcon epoxy with 2 coats of clear polyurethane so the black powder residue doesn't turn the oak black.

It's kind of a beast.

You should see the bigger one my buddy made. There's more in the works....