help! can i put ak47 furniture on my saiga 12?

hello fellow saiga 12 owners!

i am new to the shotgun/saiga scene and was wondering if saiga ak47 real wood furniture fit on my saiga 12?

butt stock, handguard, and the peice on top of the gas tube?

please let me know if this is a bolt on type of furniture!

thanks!

Fred

Yes it is.

You can gut an AKM foregrip, or Ironwood designs makes a US made set that fits it really well.

The front lower hand-guard is thicker than a modified AKM foregrip & suites the S-12 GREAT.

Dinzag arms sells a bolt-on kit for the AK RSB & gas-tube retainers now too.

This is Mr. Nathan's gun with Dinzag's gas-tube & Ironwood wood;

gallery_24913_702_995711.jpg

This is mine with Russian laminate AKM wood.

I run the Pistol sights;

Done1.jpg

You have to bore out the AKM wood, so that's why I recommend AKM laminate if using AK wood.

Laminate is stronger when thin.

Probably the easiest mods to make AK furnature work would be the stock as most likely #1 easiest and the pistol grip. Fixed stocks pretty much bolt right in. Might have to grind here and there but it's pretty easy. Pistol grip just take your time and drill the hole right. If you goof like I did and like mine it was close enough you can grind the hole a lil more oval and the grip screw goes right in and tightens up no problem.

Saiga12v11.jpg

Six position stock and pistol grip was designed for the rifles but pretty much went right in. Not traditional per say but same thing applies.

Saiga12drum.jpg

Drum :)

Edited by ShadowFire

I apologize if this is OT, but it's technically a furniture question. Please tell me you know where I can get the recoil pad on that weapon?!?! Been looking for one for my laminate stock for almost a year. Hopefully it's not the one just for wooden stocks. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I apologize if this is OT, but it's technically a furniture question. Please tell me you know where I can get the recoil pad on that weapon?!?! Been looking for one for my laminate stock for almost a year. Hopefully it's not the one just for wooden stocks. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think that comes with the Ironwood designs wood, not sure though.

Ask Mr Nathan in this thread; http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/68282-finally-finished/page__p__660715#entry660715

Pauly,

Thanks so much. I looked thru that link and went to the source. I emailed Ironwood directly to ask. Will post if they can do anything for us lowly laminate stock owners.....

Much appreciated!

You could do a grind to fit limb saver, or slip-on grenade launcher pad.

I put this on for when I let girlfriends shoot the gun if I don't want them to be recoil shy.

Gundog1.jpg

11cheekpad_black.jpg

Being as I'm used to the Warsaw length though, making it the 3/4" longer that it does is annoying & doesn't feel right to me.

The pad pictured next to my pooch is a UTG & stays on very well.

It's hard rubber but it reduces the harshness of recoil by spreading it out over a larger footprint.

If you go that route, I'd suggest using a new razor blade or round end of a belt sander & shaving the pointed nubs off the very end.

It will make it more comfortable to shoot while wearing a t-shirt.