50 meter mark on sight leaf?

I I have a 1000 meter sight leaf on my Saiga now and had a question about something. There is a slot between the battlesight mark and the 100 meter mark. Is this a 50 meter mark that just isnt labeled?

The main reason i ask is the range i go to doesnt have a 25 meter section for me to zero the rifle only a 50 and 100. And to be honest 100 meter sight in is difficult.

I googled and searched this site and couldnt find the answer.

There is no such thing as 50.

One before then 100 is 0 (zero).

The one before 0 is P for permanent. It is equivalent to 400.

Whatever you have is not rated for 7.62x39 but 5.45x39. The 7.62x39 should go up to 800 meters. Different bullet ballistics - different compensation on sights.

Sounds more like a RPK sight, which is for 100-1000meters in 7.62x39. Don't know about any fifty, may be a fluke, but I'll check mine.

Here's a bit from RussianWarrior.com

"The RPK has a sight system very similar to the other Kalashnikov designs. One major difference is that the RPK has a small knob and windage adjustment. This allows the rear site to be more carefully calibrated. The rear site can be adjusted out to 1000 meters. The front site is almost identical to the other AK variants."

Hmm, does it have both adjustment knobs like in these pics?...

http://www.russianwarrior.com/STMMain.htm?1958rpk47pict1.htm&1

If you're running the 16" barrel, it likely wont do you much good beyond 3-400meters. The 20" may get you a little farther, but the RPK has a 23" barrel with more than 100fps more muzzle velocity than the shorter barrels.

Whatever you have is not rated for 7.62x39 but 5.45x39. The 7.62x39 should go up to 800 meters. Different bullet ballistics - different compensation on sights.

Now that i think about it, the unlabeled mark being zero makes sense.

On the other hand the 800 meter thing sounds wierd. Since all the arsenals ive seen in 7.62 have 1000 meter leafs. I also held it up to my factory saiga leaf and the marks are spaced identically.

Edited by Revolver Ocelot

Sounds more like a RPK sight, which is for 100-1000meters in 7.62x39. Don't know about any fifty, may be a fluke, but I'll check mine.

Here's a bit from RussianWarrior.com

"The RPK has a sight system very similar to the other Kalashnikov designs. One major difference is that the RPK has a small knob and windage adjustment. This allows the rear site to be more carefully calibrated. The rear site can be adjusted out to 1000 meters. The front site is almost identical to the other AK variants."

Hmm, does it have both adjustment knobs like in these pics?...

http://www.russianwa...pk47pict1.htm

If you're running the 16" barrel, it likely wont do you much good beyond 3-400meters. The 20" may get you a little farther, but the RPK has a 23" barrel with more than 100fps more muzzle velocity than the shorter barrels.

All RPK sights have windage adjustments and are not very common even in Russia

Now that i think about it, the unlabeled mark being zero makes sense.

On the other hand the 800 meter thing sounds wierd. Since all the arsenals ive seen in 7.62 have 1000 meter leafs. I also held it up to my factory saiga leaf and the marks are spaced identically.

The AK47/AKM rear sight block has different slope than AK74. All Saigas are built on AK74 bases, no exceptions. Thats why Arsenal has all saigas with 1000m. I dont know what they have on the bulgarian, polish, etc

Edited by BKLYN_C