Sons of Guns is back...

Open letter to the haters of Sons of Guns: If yall douche bags think the show is "dumbed down for the low IQ" or "has a Hollywood agenda" etc. Here's an idea? Change the fucking channel and watch something else. I think the show is great, besides what other reality gun shows are there to watch. To the douchebags knocking the show I have a feeling "American Idol and Dora Dora the Explorer" are right up your alley so GTFO. Keep em coming Will

Edited by armalite
  • Like 3
  • Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We build a self contained turret with 360 traverse , 60 degree elevation , target lock and tracking and it's a TOY ? The masterkey , 3 or 4 different versions , been around since the 70's , we do a q

This one quote, just sums up 95% of the people here in a few lines.   "Just enjoy the show and be happy."   From day one, when you mentioned the wrong word, PRO MAG for example, you faced being r

I thought I was the only one who thinks this show is totally ridiculous.Thank God I see someone else out there who sees this travesty for what it is. The Estes rockets, the M-16 they put on the Suburb

Posted Images

The ONLY reality-themed show I watch, well Man vs. Food too :lolol: I can't even look at Top Shot any more now.

I was on The Daily Beast the other day, and there was an article about guns in the U.S. The best part is the comments. Some loon posted "Guns are being made out to be sexy in this country, there's even a show where a family makes assault weapons". I laughed hysterically!

Keep it going Will!

lol , now that's funny :)

Once again, a captivating show of craftsmanship and professionalism(except maybe firing that .410 in the shop :lolol: ). About personal lives being affected by the show, your daughter's seems to be a bit strained but like a trooper she puts on a brave face. Good for her, I like how she really values her time with her father.

Can't wait to see the next show, a bike themed gun or gun themed bike? Were you up here in Newburgh to do the show with the guys from OCC? Well I guess I'll have to wait till wednesday.

Congratulations once again on the success of the show and I look forward to more gun fun and magic.

Sincerely,

nyclu3

THanks man . More of a bike themed gun . Went to Jr's place to bring him a S-12 he ordered for his brother while they were here . About froze our ass off up there .

Will i just have to say one thing that is a little off point here, but Since the show has come out i've been watching it, and I love it and the people that you have working for ya are just remarkable people, but Will come on man but a Lift Kit on that War wagon brother with some 33-35" tires man... make it a true war wagon...!!!

Now take it for what it is, mine "UNFORTUNATELY" doesn't have a .50 cal attached to it but it gets the job done and i like it..

post-29838-0-72621900-1311267957_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fapp3R

Will i just have to say one thing that is a little off point here, but Since the show has come out i've been watching it, and I love it and the people that you have working for ya are just remarkable people, but Will come on man but a Lift Kit on that War wagon brother with some 33-35" tires man... make it a true war wagon...!!!

Now take it for what it is, mine "UNFORTUNATELY" doesn't have a .50 cal attached to it but it gets the job done and i like it..

Did that 3-4 months ago . Actually , SuperLift up in Monroe did it , did a hell of a job too . Guess it'll show up in the next few episodes .

Will, out of curiosity how much of delay is their between when they film a particular episode to when its aired?

...If yall douche bags think the show is "dumbed down for the low IQ" or "has a Hollywood agenda" etc. Here's an idea? Change the fucking channel and watch something else. I think the show is great, besides what other reality gun shows are there to watch....

Woah, I said it was a great show. My commentary on why I thought the show at times were condecending because of how its edited down to sound bite descriptions was more a criticism best sumarized as... "I wish they'd give us more"... information and even more show. I think that's legit considering an episode condenses a week or more down to 30 minutes while trying to be modestly educational and fully entertaining. Just because someone offers a constructive criticism doesn't mean they "hate" or are a "douche bag" because I feel as a fan you have to acknowledge the shortcomings of your passions no matter how small they are or you're just choosing to be blind and closed minded.

I can understand your anger because at times it has seemed that people are taking advantage of this forum to attack the show on a level that is overly incendiary and really inappropriate, but posting an insult to other posters isn't any more approptriate.

Edited by Mythos
  • Like 2

Will, out of curiosity how much of delay is their between when they film a particular episode to when its aired?

...If yall douche bags think the show is "dumbed down for the low IQ" or "has a Hollywood agenda" etc. Here's an idea? Change the fucking channel and watch something else. I think the show is great, besides what other reality gun shows are there to watch....

Woah, I said it was a great show. My commentary on why I thought the show at times were condecending because of how its edited down to sound bite descriptions was more a criticism best sumarized as... "I wish they'd give us more"... information and even more show. I think that's legit considering an episode condenses a week or more down to 30 minutes while trying to be modestly educational and fully entertaining. Just because someone offers a constructive criticism doesn't mean they "hate" or are a "douche bag" because I feel as a fan you have to acknowledge the shortcomings of your passions no matter how small they are or you're just choosing to be blind and closed minded.

I can understand your anger because at times it has seemed that people are taking advantage of this forum to attack the show on a level that is overly incendiary and really inappropriate, but posting an insult to other posters isn't any more approptriate.

I agree....I like the show alot....the whole family watches but if somone else thinks the show sucks, then let them have their opinion

varies , 2-3 months I'd say . I don't think he was personalizing that towards you . More general . World of difference between a question and a " you suck" lol . Will

Will, I guess the best compliment that I could give you is that I switch over to Discovery to watch your show rather than all the same format gun shows on Wednesday night on the Outdoor Channel, maybe Michael Bane should come down take some lessons...

THank you man not sure who Michael is but I'll take it as a compliment :)

Just started watching the newest episode. Being a machinist, I don't understand the lack of the depth micrometer in the shop. Any gunsmith should have outside/inside mics up to at least 3 inches and a set of depth mics to 6 inches or so.

Make those boys get some tools!

Will, love the show. I'm not sure if you are really aware of the people you are reaching out to and maybe having an effect on. A lot of normally non-gun people really like your show. I really like that a lot of it is down to earth family and friends comes first. I just hope you and the people around you stay to same even with all the fame. Long term I hope you have an effect on some anti-gun people and make them realize these guns/firearms are really what created this country and guns and the people around them are not all evil, they are just normal family people. You are truly living the American Dream. Keep up the good work.

I love the show(!!!) unfortunately it isn't on my cable yet :killer: Can't wait to see the new shows.

The mohawk guy has grown on me, and I love the new guy who builds the MG-42's....talented guy!

Still want Will's shop....best/roomiest Class-2 shop I have ever seen :super:

We need to get you guy's down here sometime . Give me a call , see what we can do . Will

Will, That would be an absolute BLAST! :smoke:

Problem is though, I would show up w/ a cot, pillow and mini fridge and never leave :angel: that is until you tried to cut my hair with those tin snips :lolol:

Your a frickin madman! :smoke:

Man, still waiting for my cable company to start airing the new season....I am jonesing bad!

He means touchy feely personal stuff, credit card information, what cold cereal you like the most, brand of coffee, where Steph gets her hair done....lol. Just playing Junyard. :)

I was thinking more along the lines of professional backgrounds, self-taught or did they go to a school, what type of firearms do they like themselves, how they would up working there.

Glad you're avoiding the family drama stuff that some of the other shows have way too much of.

BTW Some Marine should ask Steph to the Marine Corp Ball!

Well, once again the predictability of the S12 forum comes through again!

Differing opinions are classified as "Hatin" or some form of "Hate Speech". And of course the inevitable, vendor protecting, ass kissing mentality, has reared its head as well.

I wonder what you guys would do if SOG used an Alliance Armament drum in one of his builds? Half of you would go blind, the other half would have blood streaming out your rectums, and then, the price of AA drums would triple overnight as younze all maxed out your credit cards scouring the earth to get one, at any price.

I am glad some of you like the show, Discovery is a good network, and one of the few I don't regret seeing make some cash, which, is exactly what the show is ALL ABOUT to them, and if you think thats not the case for all involved, then, you are somewhat uninformed. Recognize that, and recognize that any anti gun agenda, and SOG's part in editorial control was determined and agreed to, when the contracts were signed. If the content and its control was important that would have been seen to long before the show ever hit the air, IF, the agenda was made to make it pro gun, it would have been, or it wouldn't be what it is now.

There is always a way to exercise ultimate control of the content and agenda, and its called walking away, and keeping your beliefs intact.

Bluntly, aside from the way it portrays gun owners, as semi whack jobs, especially those who are not quite mainstream in their ownership of somewhat regulated items, the show is just plain boring, definitely not the way of life for most businesses, especially small ones, which just aren't this full of drama, so, invent some, and it comes through pretty damn clearly, at least to me.

And then, add in items created specifically for the camera, and you just end up with so many other shows, already aired, but with "Gun" in the title.

I'm sorry, if I am not overwhelmed.

In a way, the silliness may actually be good for gun owners, as I think the fake hype is so bad, that it will become apparent to even the anti's that SOG is not going to put a 12 gauge suppressor, or a tri M16 into every gun owners "wanted" pot.

Do no harm, enjoy the show, make some money, whatever...

• Like 3

You should turn off your TV or tune away from Discovery when SOG comes on. It obviously really upsets you to the point of obsessive complaining. So much so that any sane individual would ask why someone would expose them self to such torture. It's also comical how you think your line of thinking is above everyone else and you posses some kind of deeper insight into the show. Get a grip dude. We know it's TV. We understand (since Will doesn't own the Discovery network) Will is going to have to make some compromises with how the show is presented. We also know that everything can't be spontaneous or without script. IT'S TV GENIUS. Any way you look at it. the show is unique and entertaining. And that right there will keep it on the air.

• Like 3

I Shit myself for 30 minutes watching that BADASS 1000 yard AK come together then I shit myself another 30 minutes, cause I watched it again !!!!!!!!!!!! Great work Will & Red Jacket Team !!!!!! Hopefully you'll do something with multiple AK's in the future !!!!!

Edited by THE AK DUDE

I Shit myself for 30 minutes watching that BADASS 1000 yard AK come together then I shit myself another 30 minutes, cause I watched it again !!!!!!!!!!!! Great work Will & Red Jacket Team !!!!!! Hopefully you'll do something with multiple AK's in the future !!!!!

i know how you feel man, thats exactly how i felt when i watched the episode with the M11/9. its just too bad that got turned into a movie prop. but im not complaining. SOG is one of the greatest shows ive ever seen.

Could have probably taken the 1000 yd AK a few steps further, but the shows really entertaining. If nothing else it just shows how a hardcore gun guy can be a really good Dad and a class act. Good luck to your show , your family, and your business. A+

not sure if it was answered and missed the last minute or two.. how far did it actually shoot?

1000 yards . That target set up was a bitch , all you could see was an inch of head sticking up over the top of the car . First rounds was to clear a path [bullet defected to the right shoulder . Second round was on target in the Adam's apple [just a little showing off ;) . We were actually out there shooting from about 9 am till damn near dark .

not sure if it was answered and missed the last minute or two.. how far did it actually shoot?

1000 yards . That target set up was a bitch , all you could see was an inch of head sticking up over the top of the car . First rounds was to clear a path [bullet defected to the right shoulder . Second round was on target in the Adam's apple [just a little showing off ;) . We were actually out there shooting from about 9 am till damn near dark .

That shit is awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!! I got goose bumps when ya'll were nailing the targets !!!!!

I love the show(!!!) unfortunately it isn't on my cable yet :killer: Can't wait to see the new shows.

The mohawk guy has grown on me, and I love the new guy who builds the MG-42's....talented guy!

We need to get you guy's down here sometime . Give me a call , see what we can do . Will

Problem is though, I would show up w/ a cot, pillow and mini fridge and never leave :angel: that is until you tried to cut my hair with those tin snips :lolol:

Man, still waiting for my cable company to start airing the new season....I am jonesing bad!

There's already one set up in the war room ;) you can fight it out with Joe :)

There's already one set up in the war room ;) you can fight it out with Joe :)

:lolol::lolol::lolol::super:

First of all, thanks for taking the time to respond to all of us! BTW I've been on enough forums to know that most of the 'gunchers' are not doers.

I saw the show twice and was wondering a couple of things. I could have just watched the build process for an hour or two but it is a 'show.' It looks like you pretty much had to rebuild the AK receiver and provided a way to thread the barrel into it. Correct? Also, one of the reasons I've always heard that the AK was so reliable was that it had a lot of slop built into it. In making one precise aren't you having to remove that and wouldn't that effect reliability?

With a ton of respect not only for what you do but your values too.

As for the twin AK, why no do the same thing that was done with the Siamese AR; one on top of each other?

I've flung many an arrow from my custom Hoyt though the years before I sold it. That last episode was sweet! I took 3 carp at 26", 28", and 32" with it. I hit a squirrel at 20 yards head on, not sideways. I also beheaded a robin once, but that was luck more than skill. Those arrows ya made...Sweet!

The 1000 yrd AK was cool, but I was really hoping they'd customize the rifle to achieve that neighborhood of accuracy with the original Russian chromed barrel.

Frankly, I'd rather buy a couple different Saiga .308 builds that Red Jacket has been offering for awhile, (long before the show), but maybe that's just me.

Still, I like the show and you guys do a great job down in LA, Will! :super: