Sons of Guns is back...

Hey Will, would you ever consider making a magwell for an AK-47 or a Ak-74?

no , I'm pretty content to "rock and lock" with a AK

HOOYAH, nothing beats the feeling of locking a 30 rounder in a AK and hearing that click clack of the bolt rocking and locking....

:super:

• Like 1
  • Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We build a self contained turret with 360 traverse , 60 degree elevation , target lock and tracking and it's a TOY ? The masterkey , 3 or 4 different versions , been around since the 70's , we do a q

This one quote, just sums up 95% of the people here in a few lines.   "Just enjoy the show and be happy."   From day one, when you mentioned the wrong word, PRO MAG for example, you faced being r

I thought I was the only one who thinks this show is totally ridiculous.Thank God I see someone else out there who sees this travesty for what it is. The Estes rockets, the M-16 they put on the Suburb

Posted Images

overall, i have been underimpressed with SOG "innovations". typically they are remakes of others stuff (quad mount is nothing new, Shorty S-12 belongs to Tony, ect.). That being said, as a machinist and a gun enthusiast, they make for great TV. I would do the same.

Now, hearing of the 12 gauge gatling gun, I am VERY impressed. That shows some work and innovation. I look forward to seeing that come to completion.

I understand TV requires drama and catering to Joe Six-Pack, so i that is the market for your products. For all all other products, thanks. Looking forward to that and any new stuff you can come up with.

caspian

• Like 1

Well I'll be damned. I am in Canada(Toronto) as I am every week for business and low and behold Sons Of Guns is on Discovery Canada. Will your an international hit now! Keep up the good work!!! I really am surprised they air your show up here though!

Well I'll be damned. I am in Canada(Toronto) as I am every week for business and low and behold Sons Of Guns is on Discovery Canada. Will your an international hit now! Keep up the good work!!! I really am surprised they air your show up here though!

yeah I know, I'm up there a lot too. I can't believe discovery hads't been labeled a murder supporting tv network. Canadians are pathetic.

Another great episode tonight Boss... :)

The 20mm Lahti was badass!!! The round was so much different than the 20mm I worked with on the M61A1/2...would have been easier ammo to find lol. Crazy that someone would want to own that kinda monster, let alone feed it but THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT eh Will? Mr. Spencer is a true hero and he deserves all the "plinking" that bad boy puts out...well done Red Jacket!

Other projects were great too...stock on the Deagle, classic and ingenious. Taser on a S-12 wow...

...looking forward to the 12 gauge minigun next week, only in my wildest dreams! :super:

Edited by Splat

I missed it ! Working late , got in for the last 10 minutes . It's strange for me to watch , ya'll are seeing it as it happened , for me it was a couple months ago . What a trip down memory lane though , I can still feel the buttstock of that Lahti as I got behind it for the first time . We fired about 80 rounds out of it that day , had a mixed bag of surplus . Everything from H.E. [kinda underwhelming ] to AP to solid's . With the gun bolted down to the truck , there was really no recoil , just a bit of a push . The 12 g thing that's airing next week ..... There is a LOT to fill ya'll in on with that but it'll have to wait till after the episode airs . Glad ya'll are enjoying , it ain't always fun on our end but it damn sure is interesting . Will

• Like 2

I missed it ! Working late , got in for the last 10 minutes . It's strange for me to watch , ya'll are seeing it as it happened , for me it was a couple months ago . What a trip down memory lane though , I can still feel the buttstock of that Lahti as I got behind it for the first time . We fired about 80 rounds out of it that day , had a mixed bag of surplus . Everything from H.E. [kinda underwhelming ] to AP to solid's . With the gun bolted down to the truck , there was really no recoil , just a bit of a push . The 12 g thing that's airing next week ..... There is a LOT to fill ya'll in on with that but it'll have to wait till after the episode airs . Glad ya'll are enjoying , it ain't always fun on our end but it damn sure is interesting . Will

I have to ask, where did you end up finding ammo for that thing? I can't imagine it is very easy to find...nor is it cheap lol. 80 rounds of HE, AP and TP...what fun. Do the guys that come in and do the ultrasound have other ways to NDI parts? Liquid Dye Penatrant or eddy curret testing? I would have been pretty nervous putting that thing back together and firing it after it had been cut up and in pieces for so long...the boys did a great job putting it back together again and very cool to see fire!

Not always fun on your end is an understatement I'm sure, but we sure love to see Red Jackets hard work pay off on air sir.

I have to ask, where did you end up finding ammo for that thing? I can't imagine it is very easy to find...nor is it cheap lol. 80 rounds of HE, AP and TP...what fun. Do the guys that come in and do the ultrasound have other ways to NDI parts? Liquid Dye Penatrant or eddy curret testing? I would have been pretty nervous putting that thing back together and firing it after it had been cut up and in pieces for so long...the boys did a great job putting it back together again and very cool to see fire!

Not always fun on your end is an understatement I'm sure, but we sure love to see Red Jackets hard work pay off on air sir.

Charlie found a case of 100 for like $450.00ish . After it was x-ray'd , we had it stress relived and heat treated .

• Like 1

Charlie found a case of 100 for like $450.00ish . After it was x-ray'd , we had it stress relived and heat treated .

Wow I'm actually surprised by the cost of the ammo...not that bad for 100 rounds of 20mm. Only $4.50 a round! :) That is even cheaper than .50 cal ammo isn't it?

it was old as the hill's and pretty nasty . newer/better stuff for it is in the 20-25 dollar range .

Eeeeeww, that kinda ammo huh? LOL...I've seen that kinda ammo, .50 cal with lot numbers and brass so old we thought it was left over from WW2. It probably was since it was sitting in the humid magazines in KBay Hawaii.

Good think that stuff held up on firing. ;)

New stuff is $25 bucks or so a round huh? Wow, anyone who can afford to feed that thing deserves to have some "boom" to go with it. Out of my budget...lol.

Edited by Splat

I get that the producers run these shows, but why did they have you pass off training "cheeto" rounds as HEDP?

http://youtu.be/YFKzElVOZIg

And the Beretta swap out for the Desert Eagle was a bit shady.

http://www.dump.com/....t-eagle-video/

the swap out was explained here:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/70109-stephanie-switches-guns/page__st__30

I get that the producers run these shows, but why did they have you pass off training "cheeto" rounds as HEDP?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/70109-stephanie-switches-guns/page__st__30

skimmed the thread and saw she was "injured"? but no real detail...

curious about the desert eagle... why make the stock so bulky? was it something the lady was honestly not even going to shoot all that much? it LOOKED really good.. but from a function standpoint I would think something maybe even tube based as opposed to milled would have been smoother and lighter.. NOT knocking anything.. JUST curious..

also curious about the taser.. could the mount have been streamlined a little more? was there ever a "final production" of that rig?

liked the episode this week.. it was good.. if there was an injury sorry to hear about that.. sucks when people get hurt..

http://forum.saiga-1...ns/page__st__30

skimmed the thread and saw she was "injured"? but no real detail...

curious about the desert eagle... why make the stock so bulky? was it something the lady was honestly not even going to shoot all that much? it LOOKED really good.. but from a function standpoint I would think something maybe even tube based as opposed to milled would have been smoother and lighter.. NOT knocking anything.. JUST curious..

also curious about the taser.. could the mount have been streamlined a little more? was there ever a "final production" of that rig?

liked the episode this week.. it was good.. if there was an injury sorry to hear about that.. sucks when people get hurt..

the stock is aluminum though, so it may have looked like it could have been heavy, but i doubt it was. aluminum is pretty light material

the stock is aluminum though, so it may have looked like it could have been heavy, but i doubt it was. aluminum is pretty light material

maybe heavy is even the wrong word.. like.. really squared off? not rounded it just did not seem all that ergonomic.. but again.. having not handled the weapon.. who knows.. lol could have worked just fine..

also NOT saying everything has to look like an ace stock (for example) there are tons of right ways to do something.. just seems like the handling was a little awkward..

http://www.dump.com/2011/08/25/nice-...t-eagle-video/

Because their editors have no idea wtf they're looking at . Any "fire" sequence you see on tv , we do at least 4 times on the ground to get the different camera angles . For safty ,we do them with empty guns , dummy rounds , blanks , training rounds , you name it . On that day , we blew up 2 cars and a shed , shot 3 cases of trainers and a case of HE . Remember the M@? We fired around 2000 rnds that day , watch the show and you see maybe 50 fired .

maybe heavy is even the wrong word.. like.. really squared off? not rounded it just did not seem all that ergonomic.. but again.. having not handled the weapon.. who knows.. lol could have worked just fine..

also NOT saying everything has to look like an ace stock (for example) there are tons of right ways to do something.. just seems like the handling was a little awkward..

machinist wanted to mill in some 'eagle" stuff , did a fair job with it . Well yeah handling it is awkward , the grip is still a 2x4 . there really is nothing about the DE that I like .

machinist wanted to mill in some 'eagle" stuff , did a fair job with it . Well yeah handling it is awkward , the grip is still a 2x4 . there really is nothing about the DE that I like .

lol

in that case I think it was done well.. it definitely looked good..

Edited by vladtepes

damn, 25 dollars a round? and i thought feeding my 30-06 was expensive. i gotta say though, it was pretty funny seeing what the 20mm rounds did to those targets, especially the bowling ball

cheap at the price if it run's right .

yea thats true. like the old saying, you get what you pay for. not many people get a chance to put rounds through a DD