Sons of Guns is back...

the stock is aluminum though, so it may have looked like it could have been heavy, but i doubt it was. aluminum is pretty light material

maybe heavy is even the wrong word.. like.. really squared off? not rounded it just did not seem all that ergonomic.. but again.. having not handled the weapon.. who knows.. lol could have worked just fine..

also NOT saying everything has to look like an ace stock (for example) there are tons of right ways to do something.. just seems like the handling was a little awkward..

well, its hard to say. i thought the thing was pretty cool, although when i eventually get around to buying a desert eagle il just keep it in standard pistol configuration. (not like i have much choice being as im in california where SBR's are damn near impossible to attain though)

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We build a self contained turret with 360 traverse , 60 degree elevation , target lock and tracking and it's a TOY ? The masterkey , 3 or 4 different versions , been around since the 70's , we do a q

This one quote, just sums up 95% of the people here in a few lines.   "Just enjoy the show and be happy."   From day one, when you mentioned the wrong word, PRO MAG for example, you faced being r

I thought I was the only one who thinks this show is totally ridiculous.Thank God I see someone else out there who sees this travesty for what it is. The Estes rockets, the M-16 they put on the Suburb

Posted Images

Hey, I just caught the show and that triple Siaga 12 is pretty cool. I guess the MD drums are too heavy to spin like that right? One thing I couldn't tell from the show, do you have to chamber a round with the bolt on each gun before firing it first? Did you keep developing this or was that the end of it.

Have to say, watching this show is inspiring me to complete my Siaga conversion. So far I've just put a Chaos Titian on it but I'm confident I can do the rest.

Glad to see that there's going to be a season 3. It's a better show than alot of the "reality build shows" that are on the air. My 7 year old daughter can't stop watching "Hillbilly Handfishing", which doesn't look like much fun to be.

I wonder if it would be considered an "automatic weapon" or not... Technically it only fired one round per trigger pull if you looked at how it worked. The only difference was how it achieved that trigger pull.

The way I understand it, it's considered full auto if you put an electric motor on it (which they did) but it's not full auto if you hand crank it like the Bulldog Gatling they had on "Top Shot".

Then again, I am no class 3 expert.

I'd assume an electric motor Gatling gun would for sure be an automatic weapon. But that is because one button push is initiating all the mechanisms to make it fire the rounds, it gets hazy for me when you are using the motor to move the gun into a device that presses the trigger..... The other scenario that they didn't use (and I'd assume fully auto) would be to make a motor operated device to press the trigger on a fixed firearm. I've never considered the opposite. It's tricky ground for sure. I mean a motorized device that presses the trigger multiple times achieves the same result as a motorized device that presses the gun into a fixed point, thereby activating the trigger..... But I wonder what the law is.

Why did you guys use stick mags instead of drums on the 12g gattling? I assumed it had something to do with the centriugal force. This was my favorite build so far but seemed to run dry to fast. Congrats on the great success Will.

not at all . the drums just didn't fit within the mount we had already built .

Was that an overpressure problem with the Mini-12g?

Looked like a timing issue to me?

kinda ... the root problem was that the outer housing needed to be about 3/8's on an inch longer [w/ corresponding additional length of bolt travel ] to insure proper lock up . you saw what happened when it wasn't properly locked ...

Was that an overpressure problem with the Mini-12g?

Looked like a timing issue to me?

kinda ... the root problem was that the outer housing needed to be about 3/8's on an inch longer [w/ corresponding additional length of bolt travel ] to insure proper lock up . you saw what happened when it wasn't properly locked ...

I guess I should have been more specific. It looked to me like it fired out of battery (not locked up) to cause enough pressure to blow the back of the housing off the weapon.

Kinda reminds me of something you told me once. (Prototyping can be a bitch.)