Sons of Guns is back...

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We build a self contained turret with 360 traverse , 60 degree elevation , target lock and tracking and it's a TOY ? The masterkey , 3 or 4 different versions , been around since the 70's , we do a q

This one quote, just sums up 95% of the people here in a few lines.   "Just enjoy the show and be happy."   From day one, when you mentioned the wrong word, PRO MAG for example, you faced being r

I thought I was the only one who thinks this show is totally ridiculous.Thank God I see someone else out there who sees this travesty for what it is. The Estes rockets, the M-16 they put on the Suburb

Posted Images

The suppressed .50cal episode was really good!!!

As for the Vince saga, I predict that he will return in later episodes and make things right with Will. Can't tell if this was a real conflict or staged drama, either way it does seem to add intrique to future episodes. Almost like a heavily armed soap opra. Although I tend to just focus on the guns, my wife actually gets drawn into these dramas. Perhaps the produces are using these dramas to maximize the viewing audiance. Not unheard of in reality TV.

• Like 1

it's getting hard to stomach. let a nubie run a $150K CNC on a time sensitive project then get upset when it crashes? seriously. either the producers are making you look really dumb, or......

the chatter among professional machinists is deafening. he show is about drama, relationships, and more drama.

there is no shortage of people who want to say they own something made by someone on TV. that's the only explanation i can give as to why someone would still buy something after seeing the show. I sure wouldn't want to pay top dollar for a gun handed off to a first timer.

I, for one, enjoy the show. It's one of the only "reality" shows that I do enjoy. It's got guns, people that made guns their lives, and some fairly decent action and drama, even if it is scripted. Besides that, it's one of our own business members, so I'll give that a +1. Some people just gotta understand that TV shows are scripted and edited.

I, for one, enjoy the show. It's one of the only "reality" shows that I do enjoy. It's got guns, people that made guns their lives, and some fairly decent action and drama, even if it is scripted. Besides that, it's one of our own business members, so I'll give that a +1. Some people just gotta understand that TV shows are scripted and edited.

I hear you - I watch and enjoy the show. It's just that last week's was so over the top it was irritating. Personally, I'd like to see more info on the guns, their workings and what's being modified and less made up, obviously scripted stuff.

Auto-Cannon episode did it for me, amazing that Will got there just in the nick of time, right I’d totally buy into that and only one cell phone with that many people.

Seemed a little odd they never showed the ammo (that I remember seeing) and they were going to fire the gun that might blow up with a mag on it that was on loan from a museum.

It was over scripted to the point of scrapped out. Oh well I guess you can’t watch South Park 24/7.

• 2 weeks later...

I watch every new episode to see if anything strikes my fancy. If not, I change channels. I am glad there are shows which are firearms related and don't feel the need to turn it into a love/hate argument. I'd rather see similar programs, warts and all, than none at all and the media continue the direction of villifying firearms. This is a reality [sic] show, not a documentary, self help, educational broadcast. I'll continue to support (than not) Sons of Guns, Top Shot, American Guns, Tale of the Gun, etc. I hated that bald, whispering..... "remember-I-was-a-Navy-SEAL" guy but I still watched those episodes, too. Still better than Maury you-ARE-the-baby's-daddy! Povich, Kardashian, etc shows

It should be more about the guns, how they are made, the designs, repairing, maintaining, and function of different popular firearms. Hot and cold bluing, Duracoting, etc.... The show is somewhat disappointing. If you wanna talk supression show how sounds are supressed by the supressor. Also, why and how making the barrel into tsuppressor is more effective than one on the end wof the barrel with OTC ammo. I also don't care for all the cop bs either these types of shows have. I do like the patriotism they seem to have. I embrace the law and support a good honorable and moral enforcement of it, including the death penalty being used with speed. However, Cops tend to be like a gang with very little checks or balances. They are opportunists and at a minimum 50% corrupt.

Edited by Guns Are Great
  • Like 1

thanks for the heads up Bridis

The drama is pretty stupid, I just want to see what it's really like to be in the gun business 'cause I'm really envious.

Some of the information is a little dumbed down for views from the 'normal' non-gun-fanatics. I think the 'AK sniper rifle' episode they built out of a Saiga .308 and never even mentioned that it was chambered in 7.62 NATO/.308 Win rather than the original 7.62x39mm

The drama is pretty stupid, I just want to see what it's really like to be in the gun business 'cause I'm really envious.

Some of the information is a little dumbed down for views from the 'normal' non-gun-fanatics. I think the 'AK sniper rifle' episode they built out of a Saiga .308 and never even mentioned that it was chambered in 7.62 NATO/.308 Win rather than the original 7.62x39mm

Yeah, they did one of the times they mentioned it was when Vince asked Will for a special tool so that he could set the headspacing properly...

• Like 1

Yeah, they did one of the times they mentioned it was when Vince asked Will for a special tool so that he could set the headspacing properly...

And how closely do you have be paying attention to catch that? I don't remember it, other than Vince saying he wanted to headspace it using a specific tool. Will overruled him and "eyeballed" it instead, (it obviously worked, so I'm not saying that Will was wrong to do that).

What annoys me about the show is the constant dumbing down of terminology. I don't think it's necessary to refer to every Saiga rifle they work on as an "AK-47". It could be quickly and easily explained that Saigas are modern sporting variations on the AK design, legal to own for any non-felon in a free state.

They seem to imply that to own anything in the shop requires NFA paperwork and that's just plain misleading.

Anyway.... it's a decent show. It'd be a great show if Will were calling the shots. Oh well.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I'm from Hammond and shot at the old indoor range off Choctaw must be 9 or 10 years ago. I never thought things would have blown up the way they have. Congrats on your success Will.

Edited by 45Bretired