Sons of Guns is back...

So flame throwers are not controlled right? Agricultural equipment right?

that's correct . easy way to kill yourself though , I see these Youtube vids with guy's using homemade stuff and just cringe . nasty way to go .

Yeah never thought homemade and flamethrower sounded good in the same sentence.

I would figure that it would go hand-in-hand with "Hold my beer and watch this!"... :lolol:

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We build a self contained turret with 360 traverse , 60 degree elevation , target lock and tracking and it's a TOY ? The masterkey , 3 or 4 different versions , been around since the 70's , we do a q

This one quote, just sums up 95% of the people here in a few lines.   "Just enjoy the show and be happy."   From day one, when you mentioned the wrong word, PRO MAG for example, you faced being r

I thought I was the only one who thinks this show is totally ridiculous.Thank God I see someone else out there who sees this travesty for what it is. The Estes rockets, the M-16 they put on the Suburb

Posted Images

The worst youtube vid I've seen was gasoline inside a plastic super soaker with a pencil torch in the front. :unsure:

I've seen that one, it actually appeared to work pretty well, but I think the heat of the flame would have melted the plastic tip and spilled flaming gas all over them if they held it down too long.

So, is this season in the can already, or might the flamethrower make it into season 2?

It'd be cool to see the editors turn around time on the show from now until we see it. That has got to be one of the funnest shows on tv to crew as well.. if the discovery guys need help, I'd gladly send my resume in.

We're filming the tail end of Season 2 which is airing now . The season started with a couple shows we filmed at the tail end of S-1 . We look to be wrapping S-2 around mid Sept .

Pretty good turnaround on those. It's kinda neat to be able to get a preview of things to come in the show like that. The forum affords us a pretty nice vantage point as viewers. I think it's doing good things as far as gun owners and our rights are concerned as well.

You hear people that you wouldn't expect to be enthusiasts commenting on the show now, and I think it's a good thing to familiarize folks who were kinda fence sitters on gun issues with the good side. So often people only get the negatives from media and the ignorant tend to think that guns are only for police, military, or criminals. It's not uncommon to mention shooting an AK around someone and have them say "why would you do that??? those are illegal!".

I think you guys are doing a pretty good job of covering legal aspects as well.. which is the most important issue to stress to the masses.

I think a lot of us were hoping for a highly technical show, which would be great, but pretty much impossible and impractical for TV. I would venture to say that the editors probably don't know jack-shit about firearms. So even if there was tons of highly detailed footage, they're not really going to know how to piece that together correctly. I'd guess there's at least a couple cameras rolling at all times if not more.. and that can add up to hundreds of hours of footage pretty quickly. So you give that to the editors, and they're working on piecing an hour long show together... they're gonna use the stuff that they understand well enough to cut comprehensively... as well as the exciting/blow shit up footage. Also, you can't let people see too much of how to do anything that they would try at home.

Are you around for any of the post-production aspects?

• Like 1

Quote Danklab

"You hear people that you wouldn't expect to be enthusiasts commenting on the show now, and I think it's a good thing to familiarize folks who were kinda fence sitters on gun issues with the good side. So often people only get the negatives from media and the ignorant tend to think that guns are only for police, military, or criminals. It's not uncommon to mention shooting an AK around someone and have them say "why would you do that??? those are illegal!".

I think you guys are doing a pretty good job of covering legal aspects as well.. which is the most important issue to stress to the masses."

"why would you do that??? those are illegal!".

I have heard that quote more then a few times! It really surpises me how many people don't know there rights. or "Are you sure you are allowed to have that!" Yea, keep up the good work! People really need educated and the show does that and shows that the gun is not just

for Police and Military but also for us CITIZENs'! :super:

Edited by blkrifleman

So, is this season in the can already, or might the flamethrower make it into season 2?

It'd be cool to see the editors turn around time on the show from now until we see it. That has got to be one of the funnest shows on tv to crew as well.. if the discovery guys need help, I'd gladly send my resume in.

We're filming the tail end of Season 2 which is airing now . The season started with a couple shows we filmed at the tail end of S-1 . We look to be wrapping S-2 around mid Sept .

Pretty good turnaround on those. It's kinda neat to be able to get a preview of things to come in the show like that. The forum affords us a pretty nice vantage point as viewers. I think it's doing good things as far as gun owners and our rights are concerned as well.

You hear people that you wouldn't expect to be enthusiasts commenting on the show now, and I think it's a good thing to familiarize folks who were kinda fence sitters on gun issues with the good side. So often people only get the negatives from media and the ignorant tend to think that guns are only for police, military, or criminals. It's not uncommon to mention shooting an AK around someone and have them say "why would you do that??? those are illegal!".

I think you guys are doing a pretty good job of covering legal aspects as well.. which is the most important issue to stress to the masses.

I think a lot of us were hoping for a highly technical show, which would be great, but pretty much impossible and impractical for TV. I would venture to say that the editors probably don't know jack-shit about firearms. So even if there was tons of highly detailed footage, they're not really going to know how to piece that together correctly. I'd guess there's at least a couple cameras rolling at all times if not more.. and that can add up to hundreds of hours of footage pretty quickly. So you give that to the editors, and they're working on piecing an hour long show together... they're gonna use the stuff that they understand well enough to cut comprehensively... as well as the exciting/blow shit up footage. Also, you can't let people see too much of how to do anything that they would try at home.

Are you around for any of the post-production aspects?

No , we see it when it airs . I wish they would at least come to us for clarification on tech matter's . Beyond that , yeah , they have 200-260 hours footage a week to cull through

Quote Danklab

"You hear people that you wouldn't expect to be enthusiasts commenting on the show now, and I think it's a good thing to familiarize folks who were kinda fence sitters on gun issues with the good side. So often people only get the negatives from media and the ignorant tend to think that guns are only for police, military, or criminals. It's not uncommon to mention shooting an AK around someone and have them say "why would you do that??? those are illegal!".

I think you guys are doing a pretty good job of covering legal aspects as well.. which is the most important issue to stress to the masses."

"why would you do that??? those are illegal!".

I have heard that quote more then a few times! It really surpises me how many people don't know there rights. or "Are you sure you are allowed to have that!" Yea, keep up the good work! People really need educated and the show does that and shows that the gun is not just

for Police and Military but also for us CITIZENs'! :super:

I agree, recently I was speaking with a co-worker and we got on the issue of an illegal home invasion. He commented on how he'd shoot them with his shotgun and then stash his AKs in the attic insulation because they aren't registered...

I tried to educate him, I really did, but it began to become a scene from the movie "Idiocracy"...

"We live in Texas, there is no registration"

"But they aren't registered to me."

"Dude, there is no registration in Texas."

"Yeah, but I never filled out any paperwork on the guns when I bought them so they are illegal."

"Are they full-auto?"

"No, but they aren't registered to me."

"There is no registration in Texas."

"But I never filled out any paperwork when I bought them so they are illegal."

"Oh wow, you're right, you should get rid of those, I'll buy 'em off of you cheap..."

Tonights episode was a real good one. Good looking S12 in the beginning.

I was coming in from ouside in the begining, but I thought that was an HK? I only caught a glimps, but I coulda swore I heard an "HK SLAP"?

I used to love them damn things. The 51K was the most badass one I ever had!

P.S. I'm talking about the opening with Mr. Hayden, not the S12 in the indoor range.

Edited by ARMOR

So mk19 in semi auto only= dd? Would that be transferable? Not that I could afford one but just a thought.

I seen Misty from APEX trying to sell the kits without the receiver on Weapons Guild the other day for $1300.00 and some of the boys are trying to make receivers

post-27155-0-12011400-1313638581_thumb.jpg

Edited by ARMOR

This weeks episode was the best so far. :super:

A big improvement in recent episodes is the occasional initial failures, such as the quad MG42 and first try at the silenced MK-19. The viewer cannont predict the outcome anymore. This uncertainty makes you want to watch even more because we really don't know if these seemingly unfeasible projects conducted under nearly impossible timelines will actually turn out as planned. Therefore, a really well done improvement over the show.

The characters are even getting better. At this point, it is almost impossible to tell what is an act and what is genuine emotional responses to events. I watch the show for the projects, but my wife watches because of the characters and screen play. This is oscar winning stuff.

As always, I record every episode and never miss a re-run.

Greatwork!!

Really enjoy the show Will -- thought my wife was going to lose it when the floatation device bubbled up. We both had to wipe the tears from laughing so much. How badly was Flem hurt anyway?

Also I told my wife that you were using dummy rounds on the shed and the truck -- seems like from the days when I actually saw what the MK19 can do, that the explosions we saw were staged. At least they were not true miltary rounds... can you confirm or deny?

Tonights episode was a real good one. Good looking S12 in the beginning.

I was coming in from ouside in the begining, but I thought that was an HK? I only caught a glimps, but I coulda swore I heard an "HK SLAP"?

I used to love them damn things. The 51K was the most badass one I ever had!

P.S. I'm talking about the opening with Mr. Hayden, not the S12 in the indoor range.

Yeah man that was definately an HK Will had, I was talking about the part in the indoor range.

Congrats on the continued success!

It must be kinda tough to keep a steady stream of "TV worthy" projects going to fill the shows demands.

I have one completely unsolicited comment/suggestion :angel: :

Related to lots of poster's comments, complaints, etc about the intricate legal details & specifics on several of your weapons (especially ownership laws, NFA, ATF, 922 requirements, etc)....

Why not create a page with checklist, instructions, anticipated FAQ's, etc for each weapon or project on a show.

Without revealing any proprietary info of course, you could post these project details linked to each shows title/show date either through the Discovery Channel site, or your own website.

I believe this would provide an excellent educational tool for gun enthusiasts of all levels, probably eliminate or greatly decrease annoying posts and your time replying on sites like this from trolls and know-it-alls :rolleyes:, and perhaps even entice some new orders from folks previously hesitant. :dollar:

Just a thought. You obviously dont need any sales help, but I'm willing to accept any RJ discounts if you like my suggestion :lolol:

Be safe. Cheers,

Harv

• Like 1

It's not a semi MK 19 that we did , but rather a select fire . We do have a semi-only version that's waiting ATF approval . Nobody wins all the time , you old timer's have seen me stand up to face the music here when it didn't work as often as you've seen me take a bow for when it did . Life's kind of a "is what it is" proposition , with a some of these project's they've filmed ....honestly , we've been lucky . Flem's ok [this was a few months ago] , Flem's kinda got a special spot here , he survived 6 helo crash's scattered all over Iraq and Afghanistan and took a lot of damage . I work with him daily to make sure his work load suits what he's actually up to on a particular day . When you look at some of the taskings he's taken on , the quad 42's come to mind , it's really a testimony to the type of outstanding individual he his . On the day he "fell out" , he had gotten in a car crash that morning and was still at work trying to get some shit done . When he smashed his hand , it just all kind of coalesced and landed on him . I do think they're doing a better job of putting it all together and am really looking forward to seeing it grow . Will

• Like 2

awesome show last night, was great to see the mk19 kick some @ss, and that suppresor was kool too, I see that you guys like suppressors alot you need to make a suppressor for a flame thrower, (just kidding) great show and keep it up, with all of this publicity you're going to need to get some help for your daughter and pretty soon a bigger shop i bet.

Thanks for letting us common folk into your lives.... keep up the great work

Edited by Fapp3R

Enjoyed the show last night great job!

One of my favorite points was when you had to jump on the cameraman.

In reality TV, I forget that for every angle I'm seeing, there is some guy pointing a camera in your face.

I would imagine that gets a bit distracting.

"distracting" lol , good word :)

awesome show last night, was great to see the mk19 kick some @ss, and that suppresor was kool too, I see that you guys like suppressors alot you need to make a suppressor for a flame thrower, (just kidding) great show and keep it up, with all of this publicity you're going to need to get some help for your daughter and pretty soon a bigger shop i bet.

yeh , there's a lot more people around here then they'll ever show , even so , could use a few more . We're working out of 2 shop's now and have bought a 3rd building that's bigger then both these combined .

yeh , there's a lot more people around here then they'll ever show , even so , could use a few more . We're working out of 2 shop's now and have bought a 3rd building that's bigger then both these combined .

When is that thrid building going to be online there sir? ;)