Sons of Guns is back...

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We build a self contained turret with 360 traverse , 60 degree elevation , target lock and tracking and it's a TOY ? The masterkey , 3 or 4 different versions , been around since the 70's , we do a q

This one quote, just sums up 95% of the people here in a few lines.   "Just enjoy the show and be happy."   From day one, when you mentioned the wrong word, PRO MAG for example, you faced being r

I thought I was the only one who thinks this show is totally ridiculous.Thank God I see someone else out there who sees this travesty for what it is. The Estes rockets, the M-16 they put on the Suburb

Posted Images

Will! Im a huge fan of the show and i think its awesome that you take time to come to these forums to talk with your fans. I have a challenge for your team! Thats right, a challenge! Develope a double stack S-12 magazine and make a million dollars, because we all want them!

P.S. From watching the show i get the vibe that your buddy Kris has a crush on your daughter! But you didn't hear that from me.

Edited by Strikah1

I also think you should make a DS. Also my wife has been saying for weeks the same thing about Kris.

I make a living off reading people and im sure hes got the hots for her. That being said he seems to have a lot of respect for Will and if I was Will, I would want that type of person to be with my daughter. :)

TBH, I want to see more Saigas on the show. I know that they're kinda boring compared to a Mk19 or the like, but they're what I cut my gun-mod teeth on.

Bring on a select fire s12 or even better, a select fire compensated s.308. :)

(or get your hands on one of the 30-06s and make everyone on the board envious.)

• Like 1

TBH, I want to see more Saigas on the show. I know that they're kinda boring compared to a Mk19 or the like, but they're what I cut my gun-mod teeth on.

Bring on a select fire s12 or even better, a select fire compensated s.308. :)

(or get your hands on one of the 30-06s and make everyone on the board envious.)

interested....

I have no problem with the big bang, TV friendly builds.. as long as you offset it with some good streamlined usable builds.. that way we are all happy.. :smoke:

• Like 1

OH HELL YEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best News for 2012 !!!!!!!!!!!!

while I share your excitement for Red Jacket.. lets hope there is even BETTER news in 2012 (towards the end.. oh I don't know.. maybe around November.. lol)

I agree if we can get someone else in office that would be icing on the cake !!!!

I also think you should make a DS. Also my wife has been saying for weeks the same thing about Kris.

I make a living off reading people and im sure hes got the hots for her. That being said he seems to have a lot of respect for Will and if I was Will, I would want that type of person to be with my daughter. :)

"that type of person"? I don't know Kris, but he comes across as hard-working and loyal, (if a little goofy). I'm sure Will wouldn't employ the man if Kris hadn't proven himself an asset to the business.

"that type of person"? I don't know Kris, but he comes across as hard-working and loyal, (if a little goofy). I'm sure Will wouldn't employ the man if Kris hadn't proven himself an asset to the business.

Guys, this is the third or fourth post on the subject that Will has ignored.

Let it go.

Let it go.

Wasn't the motorcyle machinegun Kris's idea?

Let it go.

I never had "ahold of it"... I just scanned the last few posts, saw Strikah1's comment, and replied. I don't expect Will to reply and I'm not interested in having a long conversation on the subject. I've made my opinion known.

Anyway, the suppressed Mk. 19 was fuckin sweet and I continue to be impressed by the scope of the projects Will and crew take on.

• Like 1

Let it go.

i agree. this is a gun forum, so lets talk about guns.

• Like 1

I purchased my Saiga-12 built by Will via Atlantic several years ago and it has been rock solid.

Love Will's work and the show is extremely entertaining and informative.

----

NRA Life Member

very nice man. i bought an RJ converted s12 from atlantic about 8 months ago too. the thing runs like a champ, even with low brass rounds

I'm only able to catch the episodes on Youtube now. :unsure: Still, it's better than not seeing them at all.

OK, Will........

The project I've been saving up for (and hopefully can have Y'all do) is a 30-30 conversion on a Saiga 410. The surefire mags hold and feed the rounds already, there should be minimum extractor modification required and you could either sleeve a barrel blank into the 410 barrel or just replace it all together. If sleeved, I figure a thread protector type nut could hold it in place (with loctite, of course). Probably better to just swap barrels though.

Why 30-30? The ammo is available everywhere (at least around here). It's a decent hunting cartridge. It has roughly the same ballistics of the 7.62x39. If some draconian anti "assault weapon" law gets passed down the road, you can buy a boatload of 30-30 without raising eyebrows. Plus in the event any "assault" calibers are banned from importation, taxed or otherwise messed with, the 30-30 should not rise in price too much.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

I'm only able to catch the episodes on Youtube now. :unsure: Still, it's better than not seeing them at all.

OK, Will........

The project I've been saving up for (and hopefully can have Y'all do) is a 30-30 conversion on a Saiga 410. The surefire mags hold and feed the rounds already, there should be minimum extractor modification required and you could either sleeve a barrel blank into the 410 barrel or just replace it all together. If sleeved, I figure a thread protector type nut could hold it in place (with loctite, of course). Probably better to just swap barrels though.

Why 30-30? The ammo is available everywhere (at least around here). It's a decent hunting cartridge. It has roughly the same ballistics of the 7.62x39. If some draconian anti "assault weapon" law gets passed down the road, you can buy a boatload of 30-30 without raising eyebrows. Plus in the event any "assault" calibers are banned from importation, taxed or otherwise messed with, the 30-30 should not rise in price too much.

Thoughts?

+1 on that idea.....any if you could sell the barrel insert and extractor as a DIY kit.......I'd buy a kit for my sons .410

That way you could still use the .410 ammo by removing the sleeve and changing extractor?

Edited by Saiga Power

OK, Will........

Thoughts?

my thoughts... +1

thats a great idea man

I purchased my Saiga-12 built by Will via Atlantic several years ago and it has been rock solid.

Love Will's work and the show is extremely entertaining and informative.

----

NRA Life Member

very nice man. i bought an RJ converted s12 from atlantic about 8 months ago too. the thing runs like a champ, even with low brass rounds

I have heard great things about both Atlantic and RJ from many people.

I think that comments about the show or the people involved are not way off topic.

While I agree, if I've asked a man in face-to-face conversation the same question more than once and he's ignored it, I'm going to have enough respect for him to just drop the subject.

I figured that my "sticky ding-ding" comment would have elicited some sort of response positive or otherwise but it didn't so out of respect, I say drop the subject. You all may do what you wish, it's your right, I've said my peace.

I think that comments about the show or the people involved are not way off topic.

While I agree, if I've asked a man in face-to-face conversation the same question more than once and he's ignored it, I'm going to have enough respect for him to just drop the subject.

I figured that my "sticky ding-ding" comment would have elicited some sort of response positive or otherwise but it didn't so out of respect, I say drop the subject. You all may do what you wish, it's your right, I've said my peace.

I agree.

Another great episode tonight! Loved the Uzi, the helicopter, and the 12 ga conversion on that old "wall hanger". Made me miss my days behind MG's :)

Agreed--One of the best shows so far. I will never tire of the legendary UZI (though people act like they're a relic now when I think they are still effective even given that it's only a pistol caliber--kind of the same criticism the once highly esteemed MP5 receives) and machine gunning from a helicopter never gets old.

Great show Will!

--------

NRA Life Member

Edited by pt92
  • Like 1

Another great episode tonight! Loved the Uzi, the helicopter, and the 12 ga conversion on that old "wall hanger". Made me miss my days behind MG's :)

I missed it man , Ted Nugent was in town yesterday and we all went to his concert . Actually , yesterday was a hell of a day , Tony Rumore came down for visit [ purely personal , I didn't put him to work ] Uncle Ted came by the shop , we had a hell of a party on the patio before the concert . But back to last nights episode , man , I had more fun hanging out of that bird then I've had in 20 years , it was a great day . I really hope the tv people were able to catch it all [that was one damn fast moving day] . Working with Chris and the UZITalk Forum spec'ing out the uzi was a good thing for me too , I love those little guns . Will

You can also buy them on amazon. I have a ruko box linked to my amazon account. It ends up being cheaper than cable as I only like a couple shows.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005D7W11Q

There used to be a way to buy the whole season and get the episodes a little cheaper.. I just don't see it.

I missed it man , Ted Nugent was in town yesterday and we all went to his concert . Actually , yesterday was a hell of a day , Tony Rumore came down for visit [ purely personal , I didn't put him to work ] Uncle Ted came by the shop , we had a hell of a party on the patio before the concert . But back to last nights episode , man , I had more fun hanging out of that bird then I've had in 20 years , it was a great day . I really hope the tv people were able to catch it all [that was one damn fast moving day] . Working with Chris and the UZITalk Forum spec'ing out the uzi was a good thing for me too , I love those little guns . Will

I saw that you all went to see Ted play...Flem, Vince and Steph have it plastered all over Facebook rubbing it in our faces lol. Cool that Uncle Ted had a chance to come by the shop for a visit too, wild man wild. :super:

Yeah the mount you guys came up with was freaking amazing, could open up a whole new world for Red Jacket with military contractors and even the military itself ;). RJF Mk 1 Mod 0 coming down the pipe lol. I couldn't belive what you and Vince were able to do with that Uzi, bumping up the RPM by about 300 by shaving some weight off the bolt and reciever...and awesome work with fitting the AK side rail for the optics...that is what I was thinking to myself as I was watching you put it together and low and behold you did it lol.

Loved when you shouted "You wish you were me!" as you were walking away from firing the MG from the chopper...I think we can all agree here that yes Will, yes we do lol.