I purchased my first Saiga 12 a few weeks ago from Texas Shooter's Supply in Spring, TX. It came with all of the typical conversions you would expect from a $1400 shotgun (Tapco collapsable stock and pistol grip, Tapco trigger group, quad rail, vertical foregrip, and 10 round mag) . This gun is for hog hunting and I was close to buying a Mossberg auto loader until someone told me to check out Saiga. I was pleasantly surprised that on my second outing with it, I was able to successfully shoot 2 separate 20 round ProMag drums of Remmington low brass bird shot without a single FTE on gas plug setting 2. I put about 50 rounds of slugs and buckshot through it on setting 1 (and setting 2 before I knew it was not a good idea). I am as pleased as I can be with this gun. It's definitely more fun to shoot and show off than my AR or even Kimber 1911.

I purchased my first Saiga 12 a few weeks ago from Texas Shooter's Supply in Spring, TX. It came with all of the typical conversions you would expect from a $1400 shotgun (Tapco collapsable stock and pistol grip, Tapco trigger group, quad rail, vertical foregrip, and 10 round mag) . This gun is for hog hunting and I was close to buying a Mossberg auto loader until someone told me to check out Saiga. I was pleasantly surprised that on my second outing with it, I was able to successfully shoot 2 separate 20 round ProMag drums of Remmington low brass bird shot without a single FTE on gas plug setting 2. I put about 50 rounds of slugs and buckshot through it on setting 1 (and setting 2 before I knew it was not a good idea). I am as pleased as I can be with this gun. It's definitely more fun to shoot and show off than my AR or even Kimber 1911.

$1,400.00 sounds pretty pricey for the parts you mentioned, considering a brand new factory s12 is roughly $700.00... How about some pics?

Um...yeah sorry bro you got ripped off at $1400. I see by your profile that that was your first post...you should have come by sooner and did your research and homework, we could have saved you some money. :)

Congrats on your successful first run and welcome to the forums.

Um...yeah sorry bro you got ripped off at $1400. I see by your profile that that was your first post...you should have come by sooner and did your research and homework, we could have saved you some money. :)

Have you seen this gun cause if not wouldn't it be kind of unfair to assume you know everthing that his gun is, don't you think ??? I can however tell by your post and the lenght of time that you have been here that you are the EXPERT.

FYI even some members here sell their converted S12's for more than $ 1,400.

Sorry to hear that you got suckered in by TSS in Spring.

Th Saiga12 is a awesome shotgun though.

Have you seen this gun cause if not wouldn't it be kind of unfair to assume you know everthing that his gun is, don't you think ??? I can however tell by your post and the lenght of time that you have been here that you are the EXPERT.

Texas Shooters Supply is way over priced and their work is no better then what most of us can do our self.

They charge a premium and deliver a gun filled with nylon hole plugs, and a spray paint finish.

I have seen their work at many gun shows, and it sucks for the money.

No thanks, I would rather do it myself or drive 20 miles further to TAC47.

I never claimed to know everything and I could be on these forums for a million years and have a post count of a trillion and STILL know he got taken to the cleaners. Just saying and relax man your putting a crush on my mellow. :haha:

Thanks for the replies. Definitely a little buzz kill to find out I may have gotten ripped off. I looked at hundreds of S12's on gunbroker.com and figured I would be paying around $1200 or $1300 for what I've described after the shipping and FFL transfer costs. The gun I bough was actually about $1275 but I had to pay tax since I bought it from his shop in Texas. So yeah, I probably paid $100 more for the gun than I could have gotten on gunbroker.com and another $100 in tax. After reading all the horror stories on this site about 'Vodka Specials', I felt ok paying more to buy a gun from someone that I've at least met and can bring the gun back to if there are any problems since I've never actually made a gun purchase online. I am working on posting the pictures, but the site doesn't allow me to upload anything more than 2MB and my personal camera and phone both take pics at about 2.5MB. Hopefully I'll have them up soon.

Didn't mean to kill your buzz about the S12 bro, I personally would just hate to see someone get ripped off when they could have got one for a bit cheaper...more money for upgrades right? :)

I did tons of research here before I bought mine, a wealth of knowledge and lots of professionals and experts. I do look forward to seeing your pics, she is worth the money for the pure fun factor no matter what the rest of us think. :)

• 3 weeks later...

dont understand why people are all afraid of "vodka specials" they are easy to fix your self and hell if you dont want to or simply cant fix your self, its a brand new gun it has warranty. i fixed my gun on my own cause i didnt want to wait basicly my gun is how i want it and i know my gun very well because of my choice

dont understand why people are all afraid of "vodka specials" they are easy to fix your self and hell if you dont want to or simply cant fix your self, its a brand new gun it has warranty. i fixed my gun on my own cause i didnt want to wait basicly my gun is how i want it and i know my gun very well because of my choice

for $650+ , i want a shotgun that is ready to go

Ready to go what?

Shoot the weakest loads on the market at paper?

It should run fine with regular buckshot or slugs.

And you think 650 is a lot for a shotgun? Try to get another auto for that price :rolleyes:

Ready to go what?

Shoot the weakest loads on the market at paper?

It should run fine with regular buckshot or slugs.

And you think 650 is a lot for a shotgun? Try to get another auto for that price :rolleyes:

i mean it should come with the gas ports and gas block properly installed , is that asking too much ?