S12 Mag Feed lips

I noticed a couple people have gone through the trouble of taking 2 5rd mags and making one 10 rd mag out of them. I was wondering if any of those people kept their feed lips from the donor mag?

You see, I have a old Saiga 12 mag that has a different designed feed lips and when I finally did a torture test on it, it turned out to be very unrealiable. I while back I posted a pic of this different type of mag if you want to see what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I would be willing to pay for a replacement set of lips if anyone has some. Looking at the design, the lips should be interchangeable. Also, if possible, I'd like to have an extra follower, just in case that is slightly different. (maybe I should compare it to my already existing mags..... hmmmmm.....) Anyways.

Thanks.

Yes, it is exactly like the mag you have in your picture.

The torture test I did was basically an all day trap shoot with my buddies on the 4th. I noticed that whenever I had a jam, it was on that specific mag and it was always a failure to feed. It usually was a pretty bad failure to feed, where I couldn't clear it very easily.

I'm thinking, part of it was because the shell wasn't angled the same as the newer mags. This caused the bottom of the shell to catch on the lower "feed ramp" and deform really bad. The only thing I could really do was to lock the bolt back and remove the mag to clear it. Also, since the older design seems to trap the rim of the shell, it needs a lot more force to break free, and I think this causes the shell to tip down.

Now, I might be able to make this mag function reliably with heavier loads. Since more force is exerted over a shorter period of time, I think it's tendency to tip would be less.

Oh yeah, I was shooting 8 lead birdshot... so the loads were really light.

So, no one has any extra lips? :unsure: