Saiga 12 mag conversions

Has anyone had any sucsess converting any other mags to work in the Saiga 12?

I saw a thread once on using G3 mags but I can't find it and I would like to know if they got them to work. I converted M14 mags for my S308 that worked 98% of the time.

BOB G

Has anyone had any sucsess converting any other mags to work in the Saiga 12?

I saw a thread once on using G3 mags but I can't find it and I would like to know if they got them to work. I converted M14 mags for my S308 that worked 98% of the time.

BOB G

USAS-12 Mags WILL work great with some mods, and IF you can find them...

ohhh...my KINGDOM for a USAS-12 drum...droool...

I have two USAS 10-rounders that I haven't tried to convert yet. I'm a holding off because it looks like Saiga 8s are loosening up a bit. With Saiga 8s going for about the same price as USAS 10s, they seem like a solution in search of a problem.

I wish the Saiga used the Knoxx feed system.

I'm half tempted to see if a magwell from a Knoxx drum system couldn't be fitted to the receiver of a Saiga 12. It would require major surgery (lots of cutting and welding) but i'd bet it could be done...

This sounds like a job for Tony Rumore.

i thouthe knoxx had stated they were not working on anything for the saiga.

True. Knoxx pussed out and lost a potential great deal of money...but several independant gunsmith companies are working ( supposedly) on the replacement tower solution...I will belive this when I see it, but I would like a drum ...

There was a company called stoney creek armory, and at one point they were going to do replacement towers...we'll see...

this topic was hot about 4-6 months ago. if you do some searching, you'll find the topic.

anyway, the consensus from a guy who actually combined a 2 round S-12 mag with a Knoxx drum was that there were feeding issues since the drum didn't have the ridges to hold the shell to the rear like the S-12 mags do.

i think he came close and it can be done, however 100% reliablity will take some tweeking and probably won't be available in bulk due to the time involved.

regards,

caspian

I have two USAS 10-rounders that I haven't tried to convert yet. I'm a holding off because it looks like Saiga 8s are loosening up a bit. With Saiga 8s going for about the same price as USAS 10s, they seem like a solution in search of a problem.

I want to see your USAS-12 mags that worked great w/ some mods.

I posted pics somewhere around here of what your going to run into when you do modify them. And even when you get those thin ass flimsy plastic F****ers to work in a Saiga, your stuck shooting 2 3/4" shells.

As for USAS-12 mag availability you can buy all the USAS-12 mags you want from Joe Lowe clips and mags for $75 bucks a piece new in the wrap.

A machined steel feed tower that bolts to the Knoxx is the answer.

Edited by 300RUM

I've gotten a G3 mag conversion to hand-feed properly, but not a chance to test it under live-fire conditions. If you're interested, we'll talk here or you can pm me.

It took a LOT of work (in my opinion) to convert the G3 magazine, and it too, is limited to 2.75" shells because of the way the follower is retained.

I've gotten a G3 mag conversion to hand-feed properly, but not a chance to test it under live-fire conditions.  If you're interested, we'll talk here or you can pm me.

It took a LOT of work (in my opinion) to convert the G3 magazine, and it too, is limited to 2.75" shells because of the way the follower is retained.

I'll post some pics when I get em.. It will probably be late August when they are done, but I'll get em done somehow..

have we already forgotten about Mr Rumores steel Saiga 8rnd protos?

he is/was working on them weeks ago

we should seriously band together and bug him about them

and try to prod him along or press progress reports

as he is our proverbial ben kenobi ------

our only hope............

I suggest you do what I did break down and pay Oleg get yourself some factory mags they last forever and you will not regret it. I would get them before the price goes up higher.