Saiga 12 Redneck Nationals Hand Thrown Skeet Tournament

We are having a hand thrown skeet tourney on the 24th. Only a few people coming, so far, and we would love to have a few more fellow members. It isn't an organized event. Admission to the pit is $10 per person paid to the range and a waiver will have to be submitted at the office on your way in. I/we do not make a dime off of this and it is purely for fun. Also, I know many of you are not able to go to a range that will allow shotguns and let you raise hell with it. This is your chance. Clays and ammo are available there, but make sure your weapon will run on Kemen, because that is all they sell. You can bring your own clays and ammo if you want, most of us will probably bring ammo and buy clays on site. I have a couple of cheap hand throwers, but if you have a better one, by all means bring it. We also have a great time chasing buckets, so bring some. No paper targets are allowed because of the mess. Rapid fire is welcome and we like to be the absolute loudest and rapid firing people on the premises. There are no range nazis. If anything, the trappers will come by if they have nothing to do and they might want to fire off a few themselves. The most important thing is to pick up our hulls and buckets, and dispose of them on the way out. It will be a good time. Bring hearing and vision protection as well as something to drink. No alcohol. Winner gets to have a good time and leave with bragging rights, that's about it. Really, it is just going to be a gathering people who share interest in the Saiga 12 platform. PM me for more details if you are interested. Time hasn't been nailed down yet because we want to try and make it work for everyone.

I do not own, work for, nor am I affiliated in any way with Amelia Shotgun Sports other than the fact that I raise absolute hell there every now and again :angel:

Edited by evlblkwpnz

sounds fun but I am way to far as well. For hand throwers my brother put a golf club handel extention on a red plastic thrower. Man that thing is the fastest thrower ever. Also you can tape 2 together for more birds at once. have a blast wish i could be there

sounds fun but I am way to far as well. For hand throwers my brother put a golf club handel extention on a red plastic thrower. Man that thing is the fastest thrower ever. Also you can tape 2 together for more birds at once. have a blast wish i could be there

Great ideas!

It isn't a typical clay competition. Last time we put about 300 rounds into a manequin named "ganeday". It is all about having fun, laughing, and blowing off steam. Come on out with us.

If I was not gone right now I would be there...It does sound like a lot of fun.

It was awesome. We had a foot actuated 2 at a one thrower and it was hilarious fun. We will do it again in abou a month or so. We will give dates and all soon. Evlblkwpns can pos some videos soon of the 5 saiga drum dump. Anyone who thinks a 5 drum dump is sweet I

Gain it at one time with 5 SAigas at once. Absolute awesomeness.

It was awesome. We had a foot actuated 2 at a one thrower and it was hilarious fun. We will do it again in abou a month or so. We will give dates and all soon. Evlblkwpns can pos some videos soon of the 5 saiga drum dump. Anyone who thinks a 5 drum dump is sweet I

I haven't had that much fun in a while. I started on the new S12 conversion today. We will have 5 that run like raped apes next time. Two of which will be 24" + Poly Chokes :super:

My first 24" looks like an RPK with that long ass barrel. I love it!

I haven't had that much fun in a while. I started on the new S12 conversion today. We will have 5 that run like raped apes next time. Two of which will be 24" + Poly Chokes :super:

My first 24" looks like an RPK with that long ass barrel. I love it!

Got pics? I'd love to see it.

Well, it is a work in progress, as a couple of the others are. I have achieved low base ammo/MD-20 reliability with it, so all of the internal stuff is done. I have some AK100 stocks and may be installing one on one of the 24" S12s. The stripped S12 is another 107 and I just started on it yesterday, so I have a lot of internal mods to do still. The wife has displayed an interest in shooting clays, so I figured she needed one of her own.

I'm on the fence about what to refinish these in. I am considering getting set up to apply Duracoat. I have taught myself how to do everything else, I amy as well not stop now. I am extremely fond of Parkerizing, but have never tried it either. I need to make a decision soon because I am tired of oiling these things down to avoid rust and I don't want to paint them with what I have been using even though it looks great and is fairly durable, for what it is :ph34r:

post-22401-0-34846500-1311708726_thumb.jpgpost-22401-0-35183900-1311708541_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-54490800-1311708576_thumb.jpgpost-22401-0-87178000-1311708739_thumb.jpg

I'm on the fence about what to refinish these in. I am considering getting set up to apply Duracoat.

Why not try Moly Resin?

Just bake it while the wife's at work & play dumb when she asks why the oven smells funny. :nothing:

I'm on the fence about what to refinish these in. I am considering getting set up to apply Duracoat.

Why not try Moly Resin?

Just bake it while the wife's at work & play dumb when she asks why the oven smells funny. :nothing:

Don't forget, she knows how to use these S12s. She might put some lead in my ass if I stink up that oven :ph34r:

I recently gave away a nice oven too. I knew I would regret it. I'll look into the stuff anyways and I appreciate the suggestion.