Tromix Shark Brake or Chaos Warthog?

I love the badass look of both brakes and both makers are awesome with their products (I have Tromix and Chaos parts on my Saiga!). Any one know which one reduces felt recoil the most, and more importantly, does anyone know if either of the two brakes function some what like a choke with rounds?

A recent SWAT magazine article about the Saiga-12 (Not very well written, the author has apparently never been on this site, and praised about what great durms A.A. makes) boasted that the Warthog improved his shot pattern, any truth to this?

I love the badass look of both brakes and both makers are awesome with their products (I have Tromix and Chaos parts on my Saiga!). Any one know which one reduces felt recoil the most, and more importantly, does anyone know if either of the two brakes function some what like a choke with rounds?

A recent SWAT magazine article about the Saiga-12 (Not very well written, the author has apparently never been on this site, and praised about what great durms A.A. makes) boasted that the Warthog improved his shot pattern, any truth to this?

I am not really interested in a bad ass looking gun, I perfer functional, I'd be very interested in knowing what Swat magazine has to say about the S-12 and the AA drum.

Topmaul

Functional is always important, but good looks are a plus too. The SWAT artical came out this month, and was most disappointing to say the least. Too much to go into detail, but check it out when you get the chance. I had hoped the author would have done his homework...another words checked out this site perhaps, not too mention the A.A. rave. He mentions contacting the "other drum" manufacturers who failed to return his calls. A.A. was apparently more than happy to provide a 30rnd drum for him to shoot, but obviously not evaluate.

Edited by BigD45

Cameron makes great stuff, but I don't see how any brake can improve your pattern.

That's what I was thinking, but the SWAT arcticle showed a measured improvement with and without the Warthog brake. I'm am torn between the two brakes as I know both are made by two of the best in Saiga parts manufacturing.

Did they offer a theory as to how a muzzle brake was able to affect pattern?

I'd like to hear about it.

According to the article, he had the barrel cut down to 18" and had a gunsmith silver solder the hog to the barrel. :unsure:

• 5 weeks later...
Any one know which one reduces felt recoil the most,

Can anyone comment on his question above? I bought my saiga 12 to replace a short barreled 20 gauge I keep for home defense. I am find, shooting with it is the gained in speed I get from the auto load, is negated by the time it takes me to reacquire the target. Not a big deal shooting clays, as the most of the recoil seems to be absorbed by the piston, but put slugs or buckshot in it and its significant. Will a brake even make a dent in that? Hopefully I'll adjust to it with more practice, but a lot of those skills can fall apart in stress.

Any one know which one reduces felt recoil the most,

Can anyone comment on his question above? I bought my saiga 12 to replace a short barreled 20 gauge I keep for home defense. I am find, shooting with it is the gained in speed I get from the auto load, is negated by the time it takes me to reacquire the target. Not a big deal shooting clays, as the most of the recoil seems to be absorbed by the piston, but put slugs or buckshot in it and its significant. Will a brake even make a dent in that? Hopefully I'll adjust to it with more practice, but a lot of those skills can fall apart in stress.

I know the monster brake works. If you want somthing that really shines in high power loads get a enidine buffer.

Edited by yooper14.5
  • 7 months later...

Did they offer a theory as to how a muzzle brake was able to affect pattern?

I'd like to hear about it.

Voodoo magic, secret sauce, ... You know, the explanation for lots of Saiga 12 products...