Ace P-grip folder for un-modified Saiga's

I have 3 of these on the way to me from ACE, this allows a pistol grip and folding stock (or not) to be installed on a Saiga in the original form.

Siaga_FX.jpg

SiagaFS%20fld.jpg

They will be just under $65 for the set.

The folder can be mounted to fold left or right, with a "pig nose adapter" an AR-15 type stock can be mounted.

Edited by Blackjack

Heh. We've been doing that ourselves for a while :-)

On a serious note: obtaining parts compliance for 922R can be a bit problematic, especially since there are no US domestic magazines currently.

post-5-1105226324.jpg

post-5-1105226111.jpg

Edited by k_dawg
Is the gun US parts compliant in some unusual way, or do you just not care... ?

In my case with the rifle, I have US magazine followers and floorplates, as well as a tapco stainless piston, and of course the US stock/grip.

But for the shotguns... no magazine parts, piston.

Edited by k_dawg

I think it includes the adapter block, folding mechanism with sling mount, tubular stock with 1/2" pad and the pistol grip which are all US made parts. Come to think of it there's no way all that could be for $65, it must be the block, grip and folding mech.

I'll know for sure once it gets here.

I've installed the "cut the tang" receiver block on my S-12 and have settled on the Socom 5 position stock as my choice.

Socom_CTDT.jpg

I also have some clamp-on mounts for lights and lasers as well as the replacement sight post barrels that wll allow the use of AR-15 sight posts.

Edited by Blackjack
I think it includes the adapter block, folding mechanism with sling mount, tubular stock with 1/2" pad  and the pistol grip which are all US made parts.  Come to think of it there's no way all that could be for $65, it must be the block, grip and folding mech.

I've installed the "cut the tang" receiver block on my S-12 and have settled on the Socom 5 position stock as my choice.

Socom_CTDT.jpg

I also have some clamp-on mounts for lights and lasers as well as the replacement sight post barrels that wll allow the use of AR-15 sight posts.

Ace sells the folding mechanism for $60 alone

Is the gun US parts compliant in some unusual way, or do you just not care... ?

In my case with the rifle, I have US magazine followers and floorplates, as well as a tapco stainless piston, and of course the US stock/grip.

But for the shotguns... no magazine parts, piston.

You can get a US piston for the shotguns. I have one in mine.

Okay.

So one can remove foreign parts:

gas piston

stock

On the shotguns, can you use a US disconnecter/hammer without doing the full "conversion"?

Your Saiga shotgun has a parts count of 13. This means you need to replace 3 parts to be compliant with 922r.

1) Trigger

2) Disconnect

3) Hammer

If your Saiga shotgun has a removable choke then your parts count is 14 and you will need to replace 4 parts to be compliant.

1) Trigger

2) Disconnect

3) Hammer

4) Buttstock

The last addition to your parts count is your pistol grip.

If you DO NOT have a removable choke then you can use either a imported Pistol Grip or a imported Buttstock. One has to be

US made and the other can be imported.

If you DO have a removable choke then you have to use both, a US made Pistol Grip and a US made Buttstock.

*** In either case, IF you have your Saiga barrel re-threaded to use common

US made shotgun chokes then you CAN USE either a imported

buttstock or a imported pistol grip, but not both.

I take this to mean that if you have a shotgun with unthreaded barrel and you want to use the above setup from Ace (which is already two US parts, stock and PG) You only have to replace one more part. You could leave the FCG intact and either get a US made gas piston for 15 bucks shipped http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6810

or take a few minutes and cut yourself out some floorplates for your mags. Since mine was threaded and I wanted to use all foreign furniture and PG I had to have 5 US parts. That's why I tracked down a US made piston and made my own floorplates. The other 3 are the FCG swap.

If you have a threaded barrel and you want to use the above setup instead of doing the full conversion you could get a piston, make floorplates or have them made, and then you would be set. :smoke:

Stock and PG, that'll give you two parts. :unsure:

Pistol grip is not counted twards your parts count because the saiga never had one when it was imported.

Also doent the foregrip count twards the parts count? Couldnt you modify a US made foregrip?

Stock

Foregrip

Gaspiston

Edited by stokstad
I think it includes the adapter block, folding mechanism with sling mount, tubular stock with 1/2" pad  and the pistol grip which are all US made parts.  Come to think of it there's no way all that could be for $65, it must be the block, grip and folding mech.

Socom_CTDT.jpg

For $65 I bet it is the adaptor, grip and screw set if that. A folding hinge with a sling mechanism is $65. A buttpad is $12. A pig nose adaptor is $20. And the cheapest tube stock is $90 (on the Ace sight). Others stocks are more. Ace makes quality stuff but the price reflects it.

It will be interesting to see what you find out from Ace.

W :smoke:

i have to add my 2 cents here

putting a pistol grip on one of these weapons

without doing the conversion is WRONG!!!!

the conversion is a simple 2 hour or less process - \

gimme a break

just freaking do it

the weapon will not be balanced the correct way without the conversion done

i think its just as simple as that

whats the point of looking for a way out

when you could have been done with it by now?

ok sorry for the 'jack

rant off

:ph34r:

i have to add my 2 cents here

putting a pistol grip on one of these weapons

without doing the conversion is WRONG!!!!

the conversion is a simple 2 hour or less process - \

gimme a break

just freaking do it

the weapon will not be balanced the correct way without the conversion done

i think its just as simple as that

whats the point of looking for a way out

when you could have been done with it by now?

ok sorry for the 'jack

rant off

:ph34r:

Grau,

No disrespect, and yes I know it is blasphemy to all the convertee's out there.

But there are some who would rather not modify the gun and try to leave it as stock as possible.

I personally would like to have the option to convert my stock back just in case I end up in a State/Country that does not allow a converted shotgun with a clip on it.

That is why I am trying to secure a second Saiga so that i can have one that is stock and one that is converted, both with folders.

Just my .10+.05

T

Hey wolverine, you there? Just got off the phone with Ace, PG folding stock is $190 OTD. OUCH, might have to order one anyway as I don't want to convert but need the parts count.

Yes, I'm here. Some us moved the trigger group and still spent the cash for Ace's adaptors, hinges, buttstocks etc. anyway. If you take the plunge and convert the rifle using he G-2 trigger you will find it is better than the original. Also, you will get hooked on the pistol grip. It is great for control and even carry. But to each is own. Just make sure you stay legal. By the way, word is changing the gas piston is alot harder than doing the trigger conversion. You have to drill it out, turn it off with vice grips, and then re-pin the new piston with a piece of drill bit or the like to make sure it doesn't come loose.

Check this out:

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/

See ya on the boards.

David

I stand corrected, $65 covers the receiver block and pistol grip only.

My ACE products are 10% less than if ordering direct from ACE and I keep all 3 sizes of the AKFX tube stocks, the ARFX and ARFX-E stock, pig nose adapters, all three receiver blocks for the AK, folding mechanisms, butt pads, CAR stocks, trigger groups, pistol grips, forward grips and a bunch more on hand.

Changind the gas piston isn't as hard as people make it sound. It's not pinned like the AK pistons. It has "dimples" pressed in the side of the carrier that hold the threads. All you have to do is drill out those dimples untill you can unscrew the piston in a vise. Then screw the new piston in with locktite. I didn't drill and pin mine. I just used a punch to repress the dimples and flatten the threads. It's still holding fast after at least a hundred rds.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 3 sets of the ACE Universial receiver block/pistol grip on hand and will substitute the "FAL" style grip with an ergo grip for an extra $5. I am also offering a free AK recoil buffer with any purchase of $50 or more. The code will be "freebuffer" and will be active starting tomorrow.

(don't use " when entering the code)

Edited by Blackjack