My first and the last hunt with this monster , very hard to use shooting stick and this scope at the same time, need a crew of 2 to make a shot :rolleyes:

I made it though ,80 yards head shot

IMG_0260-1.jpg

next morning

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

65 LB of ground meat , sausages going to be goooood :super:

final result :super:

IMG00744-20110727-1513.jpg

IMG00749-20110727-1514.jpg

Edited by atakacorp

Great pics, nothing like a successful hog hunt :beer:

First and last trip with the NSPU? What's wrong with it?

I haven't hunted with mine but I have shot the hell out of it out to 400m and I really enjoy it. Like I always say for the money it's pretty much impossible to beat.

Z

Great pics, nothing like a successful hog hunt :beer:

First and last trip with the NSPU? What's wrong with it?

I haven't hunted with mine but I have shot the hell out of it out to 400m and I really enjoy it. Like I always say for the money it's pretty much impossible to beat.

Z

Thanks. Nothing wrong with it, love this thing,but I will need different approach to it ,used shooting sticks ,shooting from my knee, very hard to change line of fire,I guess the best way to do it, pron or from the sitting(blind) position, saw this guy from the 200 yards, waited when he came to the 100/80 yards, puled the trigger dropped him on the spot .

Edited by atakacorp

that thing is huge! its as big as the rifle! how much does it weight? how clear is the image? i saw one awhile back but passed on it becasue i wasnt sure how good the image would be.

• Like 1

that thing is huge! its as big as the rifle! how much does it weight? how clear is the image? i saw one awhile back but passed on it becasue i wasnt sure how good the image would be.

My is bright and I can see men size targets up to 400-500 yards ,little tunnel vision,but as Z says ,its hit and miss with this scopes, got lucky I guess, weight is .. heavy I dont know exactly, but I would not take it hiking :rolleyes: Overall its a great scope for the money :super:

Edited by atakacorp
  • 2 weeks later...

edit: nevermind. fixed it

What was wrong with it?

he couldnt adjust his windage.

ya, what a pain in the ass that was to figure out. but i finally did. put a boresight laser at the end of my ak74 and finally had it right over the ^ notch.

another question though, i dont have an AK74 cam so im using the PK cam. whats a good way of boresighting the 4 setting to 100 yards without taking it to the range, or buying a green laser and going out to an empty field? my living room is about 15 yards long.....

• 2 weeks later...

I have a hand held NV unit based on the tube for this rifle scope, and by far its the best 1st gen unit I have ever used, as the optic at front is just so damn huge. Funky at the edges for sure, but dead center it makes a great wildlife observation scope, I don't know about 400 meters, but, at 200 yards it aint bad.

All that said, when I upgraded to a new sytem, I had considered one of these based on cost, but, its so freaking big, any of the smaller gen 1 commercial units are a no brainer, only on convenience, though they just wont do the distance of these.

I had a Yukon, and luckily, the dura cells leaked, and they paid for a new one, and I took the cash, and went for a used PVS-7D on Ebay, that was from a new seller, I got a great price as nobody wanted to trush a newb.

I have since purchased a Russian IR laser system, and I have no regrets NOT spending the cash on a dedicated rifle scope, especially one of this size, I can relate to why this was the first, and last hunt, just owning the same tube in a hand held sytem, you need a tripod if you want to use it for more than a few minutes.

Trust me, save your beans, and hold out for a 2nd or better 3rd gen unit, it IS worth the wait, and the cost, as the PVS-14's start to hit the secondary market, it would make great start for a system, though for the $$$$ I LOVE the PVS-7 set up I have.