Ok so a while back my aunt had been diognosed with breast cancer. And as her bills piled up all of our family helped out. I had Been making paracord braclets and things like that and sellin them well I started making pink ones. And a portion of my sales goes to her and breast cancer recearch. At my daily Job I wear 2 paracord bracelets. One hot pink and rose pink the outer rose pink and white. But it seems lately I've been getting alot of crap over the color it seems alot of people assume your gay if you are wearing something pink. I do service work at gas stations all over my state so I see alot of people in a day. And I would say over half of the people are pretty rude about what I'm wearing on my wrist. I have even had one person come up to me anr say you are going to burn in hell for the way I live my life and that god hates gays. My reply was I don't wear this because I gay but as some one who knows what god thinks or feels should know not to judge I wear it for breast cancer awareness. She just walked away mad. So I just was curios if wearing pink is that big of a deal to some people ?

• Like 3

Imo pink is a color not a sex. But regardless you don't have to explain yourself to anyone. Personally I couldn't care less what some random twat at a gas station thought. Your loved ones know why you wear it that should be enough.

Sounds like people are just trying to be dicks to uplift themself. Just be as rude as you can and tell them you are supporting breast cancer patients. Maybe it will ruin their day. :lolol:

I dont just go out looking for gays to hang out with but ive known a few in passing and never known one to just wear pink for fun......

• Like 1

When I first read the title of this topic, I thought, "What kind of man would wear pink?" Then, I put myself in your shoes and realistically I would have no problem walking around in a pink tutu, much less pink paracord. What matters most is how You feel about yourself. No one else. Except our Father and He loves us all. Take Care, Shoot Straight, and Love Life

I would wear pink in support of breast cancer. I would think most people by now should know that pink symbolizes breast cancer support and that the rainbow symbol is associated with the gays. Have ya ever heard real men wear pink ? I see it commonly guys wearing pink dress shirts or polo shirts here in Michigan some of them even older gentlemen with their wives. So while I would maybe not wear pink slacks I would probably wear a nice polo or dress shirt of that color and would certainly not have a problem wearing one of the bracelets. Heck we even have pink breast cancer garbage bins in our neighborhood and they require you to keep them out by the road at all times to show support. Judge not lest you be judged is what that woman should have been thinking before opening her trap.

When I saw the thread title, I thought of all the pink shirts my wife has bought or tried to convince me were "salmon" or some other "ok" color (and not straight up pink that I wasn't going to wear). But in the context of what you're doing (ribbon, bracelets, etc), you would think people would have enough sense to realize it's for breast cancer. I'd tell them, "I have a loved one with breast cancer and this is to raise awareness in her honor." I'd do my best to make them feel about an inch tall when I walked away. :angry: Heck, I'd even guilt them into buying one if I could!

• Like 3

Ok so a while back my aunt had been diognosed with breast cancer. And as her bills piled up all of our family helped out. I had Been making paracord braclets and things like that and sellin them well I started making pink ones. And a portion of my sales goes to her and breast cancer recearch. At my daily Job I wear 2 paracord bracelets. One hot pink and rose pink the outer rose pink and white. But it seems lately I've been getting alot of crap over the color it seems alot of people assume your gay if you are wearing something pink. I do service work at gas stations all over my state so I see alot of people in a day. And I would say over half of the people are pretty rude about what I'm wearing on my wrist. I have even had one person come up to me anr say you are going to burn in hell for the way I live my life and that god hates gays. My reply was I don't wear this because I gay but as some one who knows what god thinks or feels should know not to judge I wear it for breast cancer awareness. She just walked away mad. So I just was curios if wearing pink is that big of a deal to some people ?

As for the lady at the gas station who said you were going to burn in hell.......you should have replied "Well...you're going to burn right here"....and then you should have doused her in gasoline, pulled out a lighter and just stared at her! :lolol::lol: Kidding, of course.

But seriously, good on you for helping out your family, and forget about assholes like that lady. She must have made the mistake of assuming people gave a shit what she had to say.

:beer:

Pink is not a color I normally wear. I would though to show support like you are doing. It sounds like you are just being harassed by ignorant fools that see/interpret things only as they want to. I also don't give two shits about what people think of me or what I wear or say. If what you are doing makes you feel good and some good is coming out of it, then that is all that matters.

• Like 1

All I thought was, Small things effect Small Minds. Hard to believe how ignorant people can be. Pink can be a great strategical color if used correctly. It has been shown to be soothing at first, but becomes irritating and distracting to others after a while. The distraction part is why some athletes wear pink. Remember the cyclist who was battling "Lance" for a few years? Always wore Pink outfits. That definitely takes just an edge off of a competitor in such a mentally disciplined sport. The rider behind him keeps thinking about that pink suit and not his discipline.

So you can use pink as a sort of "Douche Detector!"

Yeah I don't usualy let it get to me most of the time I'll laugh. And yes it's a color and I would not think it could make such a fuss with as many people as it does. And most after they say what ever it is they have on there mind I tell them why I have them on. Most people usualy feel like they are an inch tall. Most apalogise I've had some give me money. Usualy I'll give them a key chain. But I just never expected the amount of people that are ignorant from a color or even how they figure man with pink = gay. Only thing I can figure is pink is a girls color and if a guy is wearing it he must want to be a girl or gay

My mother had four bouts of cancer (none of them breast cancer) and I now own a pink t-shirt sold by my sons school for breast cancer support. I know my mother is looking down on me from heaven and is happy to see I am doing my part and if wearing a pink shirt or bracelet is going to prevent someone from suffering the loss of a loved one then anyone who dosen't like it can POUND SAND. I hope your Aunt is well and fighting it with everything she has it can be beat.

• Like 1

All I thought was, Small things effect Small Minds. Hard to believe how ignorant people can be. Pink can be a great strategical color if used correctly. It has been shown to be soothing at first, but becomes irritating and distracting to others after a while. The distraction part is why some athletes wear pink. Remember the cyclist who was battling "Lance" for a few years? Always wore Pink outfits. That definitely takes just an edge off of a competitor in such a mentally disciplined sport. The rider behind him keeps thinking about that pink suit and not his discipline.

So you can use pink as a sort of "Douche Detector!"

I believe the man you are thinking of is Alberto Contador.

And it is a pretty good attention getter. And a douche detector lol. And pink tattoos look nice also.

bd6d970c.jpg

• Like 1

My mom died in 10/28/09 of lung cancer my aunt, her sister died 3 months later of breast cancer so I know how you feel as for the color pink meaning your gay what you need to do is buy some of these

post-21226-0-05510500-1311109545_thumb.jpg

and tell them is this gay enough for you you S.O.B. and then see what they have to say.:angel:

• Like 1

That's crazy that someone would hassle you for wearing pink. I remember in the 80s that a lot of cool(straight) guys wore pink Polo shirts and nobody thought anything about it.

For the record, I am deeply committed to biblical precepts from a practical perspective and have spent a lot of my life studying the nature of sin. There are sins people commit against each other(like Stealing), there are sins that people commit against themselves(like Homosexuality) and there are sins people commit against God(like Blasphemy).

Why supposed holy rollers pick Homosexuality out of all of the possible sins to have such a huge issue with puzzles me.It's a self destructive sin and not even part of the Decalogue(10 Commandments).If they are going to make Levitical sins an issue they need to quit shaving their damned beards and lighting stove burners on Saturday as well.

You are doing a good thing and should remain resolute in the face of ignorance and stupidity!

• Like 1

My mom died in 10/28/09 of lung cancer my aunt, her sister died 3 months later of breast cancer so I know how you feel as for the color pink meaning your gay what you need to do is buy some of these

and tell them is this gay enough for you you S.O.B. and then see what they have to say.:angel:

Sorry for your loss. I shoot every week sporting clays and occasionally there is a small group of girls I shoot with in events 2 are twins and one had a breast removed. they are 19 the outher girl her mom had skin cancer but when we go shoot we wear a light blue jersey shirt that has save the TaTa,s and of course c723ead4.jpg

• Like 1

I bought a box of those Federals....but now I find out the hulls are pink too? Awesome.

I never planned to shoot them anyway, too neat a box.

The only possible critique I have of the breast cancer awareness movement is that there are more cancers

out there than just that type, and those victims need love and support and awareness too.

The answer to that is to wear a pink shirt or sweater and have a beautiful woman on your arm; answers all the questions. Back in my working days, I really liked pink shirts or ties with navy suits or jackets. Anybody troubled by stuff like that has MUCH bigger issues.

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss. I shoot every week sporting clays and occasionally there is a small group of girls I shoot with in events 2 are twins and one had a breast removed. they are 19 the outher girl her mom had skin cancer but when we go shoot we wear a light blue jersey shirt that has save the TaTa,s and of course c723ead4.jpg

Yea when I saw those pink shells I just had to buy them and I got 2 cases I am saving them till I go to a public range just to hear some dickhead run his mouth so I can put him in his place.:devil: Because I am like that.The fact that they help a good cause is a plus also.

Edited by SCHULTZE

Oddly, until the early 20th Century there really weren't gender specific colors. Some sources from the late 19th Century indicate that blue was, at the time, associated with girls, and pink with boys. Other sources in that time frame indicate that, other than the traditional christening white, babies of both sexes wore a great variety of pastel colors, none specifically reserved for either sex. Hypotheses abound as to what caused the change to the now ubiquitous color coding. They range from biological preferences to Nazi color coding, but I really suspect it's just arbitrary.

I don't wear much pink but only because I'm not fond of it. Good on you supporting your aunt in her fight and other wives, mother, and sisters who are struggling in the same way.

Edited by DrThunder88

I would have scratched her eyes out......I'm just kidding. A few weeks ago I was getting ready to fish a tournament and there was a pink kayak that was being raffled off for breast cancer awareness. My brother was like, you wouldn't be seen in that would you? I said hell yes. I don't give a crap what others think. A real man eats what he wants, wears what he wants, and craps where he wants. I only care about what my wife and kids think. All other can piss off if they got a problem. To each his own. Now on another note I don't like pink for other reasons. It hurts my eyes. My 2 year old loves it though and if she asked me to wear it, I'd rock the hell out of it.

Edited by redfish28
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

You guys make me proud to be a part of this forum. I lost my Gran many years ago to breast cancer. My Father-in-law (and best friend) beat breast cancer twice! I took care of him until he passed to heart failure.

Wearing pink ain't got nuttin' to do with being straight or gay, it's about supporting the fight. The wife and I do the cancer walk every year. Occasionally I wear a M*A*S*H Cancer (in pink lettering). I get the occasional strange look but I figure it's the other persons problem.

Of course, to the lady like the one you met, you could have said, "But mam, I'm just hoping that the right woman can come along to turn me in the right direction." then bat your eyes at her.

That'll scare her more than anything,

or get you a date.:lolol::lolol:

I kinda like the "rose pink" color, but don't care for the bright pink. But then again, I don't care for bright colors in general, lol.

But if it's for a good cause, I'll wear a florescent clown suit with matching tie-die undies.

When little minds try to think big thoughts, stupidity reigns.

Don't let it bother you, just set 'em straight(so to speak) and go on.

• Like 1

I might have said something like thank you for your concern for my eternal soul. I pray that you have a very close relationship with the reason I'm wearing these pink bands. (I wouldn't really pray for that. I'd more than likely pray for HER soul).

Fuck anyone who tries to belittle you for wearing anything pink, especially for Breast Cancer Awareness.

My Grand Mother was a survivor, double radial mastectomy... She is gone now of old age, tough ol'bird!

I was witness to a beautiful thing, done in the name of Breast Cancer Awareness, to raise money and awareness, Jump For The Cause 2009.

I watched from the ground as this formation built and completed, fucking beautiful.

181-womens-world-record.jpg

I also wear pink on my jumpsuit and all my gear has pink on it... Nobody has ever said a thing to me.

This is yours truly jumping with one of my Golden Knight buddies.

ChileHelicopter.jpg

And my parachute has pink in it too.

ChilelandingatEloy.jpg

And just for the record, I'm a breeder.

100_7894.jpg

Edited by ChileRelleno