Saiga 12 Left Side Safety Switch?

Are There Any Kits Available To Move The Safety Selector To The Left Side Of The Receiver On The Saiga 12?

Not sure about a left side safety but here is a standard shotgun safety made by JT Engineering. Looks really nice

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/67307-new-safety-for-the-saiga-12-or-ak-platforms/

Mark sent me one of these for testing and feedback. I'm planning on installing it on a prototype I'm working on. Don't think they have even hit the market yet. He sent me this link the other day to the new site for these. I told him to leave the indicator pointer off of the next batch. Other than that, it's a really cool selector in my opinion.

http://www.sniperhandle.com/p1.html

Edited by ARMOR

Some damn nice options there! One of them required removal of the scope mount, if that's important to you, the other one required a new trigger guard. Honestly, a modded right side selector works well by it's self.

Or spend $15-30 and put a Galil safety on it...

I'm going this route, but I wanted the forward to fire version. My parts cost is higher, not sure what a forward for safe version costs. This does require a different safety lever, a pistol grip milled for clearance (or one made for it).

Edited by bigj480

Some damn nice options there! One of them required removal of the scope mount, if that's important to you, the other one required a new trigger guard. Honestly, a modded right side selector works well by it's self.

Or spend $15-30 and put a Galil safety on it...

I'm going this route, but I wanted the forward to fire version. My parts cost is higher, not sure what a forward for safe version costs. This does require a different safety lever, a pistol grip milled for clearance (or one made for it).

I bought one from a member here. I did also score 2 more on gunbroker for around $300.00 for the pair. They are not cheap, if you can even find them.

Also not sure you can keep the right side safetin on those 2,on the galil you can. Su suspect that you ca on the snipers hide on as well. Which is against the rules to link to, BTW, not that I care.

I bought one from a member here. I did also score 2 more on gunbroker for around $300.00 for the pair. They are not cheap, if you can even find them.

That's for the forward fire or forward safety version?

Also not sure you can keep the right side safetin on those 2,on the galil you can. Su suspect that you ca on the snipers hide on as well. Which is against the rules to link to, BTW, not that I care.

That's for the forward fire or forward safety version?

Forward to fire style.

I sent one to Red Jacket for an install on a rifle and have 2 more. One for my SLR-106UR and another for a Saiga 12

I do have a couple sets of the Forward safe model I'd let you have for what I paid for them. P.M. me if your interested.

The galil style was badass how much did that cost you? And was it a DIY install?

I installed one myself on a rifle. It isn't that hard. A Galil full auto safey cost me $30

The inverted safetys can cost up to $300 for parts, if you can find them.

wow, $300 is a little more than im willing to spend on just the safety

Numrich Gunparts has almost all of the parts, here is the breakdown:

Numrich

Inverted (forward fire):

506060, Pistol Grip Base, Full Auto, .223 Cal. - 23.85

505360, Pistol Grip Base Pin - SOLD OUT

506050, Selector Lever, Left, Full Auto - 46.10

504930, Selector Lever Link Rivet - SOLD OUT

505270, Selector Lever Link - 8.05

505310, Selector Lever, Right w/Double Lug for Left Selector - $51.35

TOTAL: $129.35

You can probably find a pin and rivet to link it all together. They only have the right selector for the standard, forward safe, version. All you would need for that would be the left side selector but the price for that setup is cheaper at akpartskits.com and they have both pieces:

akpartskits.com

selector, right - 30.00

selector, left - 45.00

Total: $75, no other parts needed.

Edited by bigj480