When do you need to count foreign parts?

Alright. DO you need to even worry if you leave the gun in sporting config, as imported? and just replaced a piston to a USA made one?

No trigger grips, OEM Stock, and Magazine (4 rounds). This gun is in sporting attire so is there any issues?

Now that same configuration, 14 foreign part: minus the piston = 13. Now put a High Cap mag (-3 parts) = 10 or less this gun is compliant.

The High Capacity Mag makes it (NON-Sporting).

What if you leave it SPORTING (4 rd mag) , no fancy stocks, technically would I have to change the piston all the time?

Also what if you don't like the foregrip, or stock. and make fancy wood ones for sport?

If you leave it in sporting configuration. You do not need to count parts.

Take it out of sporting configuration with a pistol grip, muzzle brake or high cap magazine and you need to start counting parts.

If you change out the piston with a US piston, then you can use US Hi Cap Magazines.

No need to keep swapping it out. Having a US piston does not convert it to non-sporting configuration.

I am not an attorney nor an employee of the BATFE but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Edited by thoricuncle

Take it out of sporting configuration with a pistol grip......

Nope.....in the new ATF shotgun study they stated that a pistol grip was indeed a sporting feature and subsequently allowed the PG'd AKDAL-1919 in country.

Take that one off the list. You are not taking a Saiga-12 out of sporting configuration by adding a pistol grip.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

• Like 1