Keltec KSG competitor

http://www.gunblog.com/uts-15-shotgun/

I believe I have found a winner folks. Not as a replacement for the Saiga by any stretch, but one bad ass alternative. It is a bullpup 14+1 dual tube shotgun like the KSG, but then shit gets real from there. The selector switch allows you to change from feed tube to feed tube, use only one tube, or make it alternate between tubes automatically. Has a picatinny rail on top already so you dont have to buy aftermarket, and has a built in laser and flash light. Also has a visible round counter on top to show you available ammo so you dont have to keep count all the time. How do you beat that deal. Cost is expected in the $800 range.

Originally made by a Turkish company but are supposed to start being produced in the good ol' US this year due to importation issues with the whole BAFTE sporting rules and all.

post-31605-0-92936700-1311286841_thumb.jpg

It looks cool but I need a price. I think the KSG looks better. Not saying anything about function here, just on looks alone. Also, I can't really tell just from the pictures and description, but it looks somewhat awkward to load? Maybe I'm just used to a regular pump style reload. Either way, it is really cool.

i really like the concept. short very powerful firearm for CQB. I hope this gun lands in our shores. I'd most likely buy one.

specs from the UTAS site:

UTS-specifications.jpg

Edited by glennhmd

I love how its has a lot of carbon fiber.

Some observations:

The ksg is a bit shorter, and a bit lighter.

The UTS does seem boxier, and bigger than necessary. KSG is much more streamlined and minimal(ie:better)

UTS selector switch looks like its on top (since the tubes are on top). Lots of movement needed to switch. Leave it on auto-switch permanently I say.

The coolest feature is the auto-tube switch. KSG needs to figure that out to become the King.

Sliding round counter is cool, but they look very "sticky-uppy" and are curved - looks like a super snag hazard. little flat deals would be sufficient. Will there ever be digital round counters on guns!? I want them!

Reloading looks almost impossible. You have to lower the gun, open that cover (and it doesn't even open that wide!) and click them in?! are you kidding. now I'm sad. No way thats happening under fire. Plus 99% of people are used to sliding in rounds from underneath, so retraining would be an issue. That alone makes it a non starter really.

all I want is a KSG with the auto-tube switching mechanism. How hard can it be?

Edited by AtlSaiga

http://www.gunsandammo.org/index.php?title=Keltec_KSG_Bullpup_12_Gauge

loads/ejects from the bottom opening...makes it ambidextrous. Does not have a cover to open to load according to all info to date. Nice and short makes it great for swinging around....so it appears

wait, what? yeah the KSG loads from the bottom, the UTS looks as if you have to open the top cover to load the tubes - since thats where they are.

Someone mentioned the UTS 15 is right side eject only.

Looking at the images, it looks like there is an ejection port cover on both sides of the reciever. Maybe it can be switched? Does anyone else see this?

Question- What do we want it to look like?

Answer- We want it to look like a 2x6 with an AR grip and AR sights

Mission accomplished!

I looked and enlarged the picture and coundnt see any ejection port on the left side. I wish it had the choice, that would make it the most awesome shotty available.

Damn leftards.... :haha:

I agree with btw that it looks cooler than the KSG to me and with the built in accessories it is an overall more functional weapon. But for us "leftards" as blk so delicately put it it isn't viable due to where the ejection port is. One more time for those of us blessed with a working left eye et screwed.

no pumps , thanks , s12 for me

AMEN!!!!

I would love to see a S-12 with 20-round drum go up against a KT, or whatever, with 14 or 15 in the tubes.

My bet is on the Saiga to dispatch destruction in record time!!!!

Pumps CANNOT comare!

FTS

Hey I heard those guys with the gun show airing on the Discovery Channel, are designing one with...get this, 8 tubes!

Thats 56 shots plus one in the chamber, and, its going to have both a left and a right pistol grip, so its universal for left or right handed shooters, one grip is used as the pistol grip, the other as the forearm, its just a matter of switching to the one you want in front.

But thats not the best part, they have designed a caseless 12 gauge shell, that burns up as part of the propellant, and only the primer is left to be ejected, so there is virtually nothing to be ejected, and the primers just fall into a small trap in the stock, to be emptied later.

Its a bit heavy, a little over 25 pounds, empty, but think of the firepower!

no pumps , thanks , s12 for me

AMEN!!!!

I would love to see a S-12 with 20-round drum go up against a KT, or whatever, with 14 or 15 in the tubes.

My bet is on the Saiga to dispatch destruction in record time!!!!

Pumps CANNOT comare!

FTS

Pumps can't see me.... :ph34r:

I love shotguns and a pump to go with my Saiga is in my future plans and would make a badass duo! The UTS-15 adds a competitor to the KSG/bullpup shotgun market and boasts some better options than the KSG; the side feed loading ports, side eject, and most especially the alternating tube fire. That is AWESOME! On the downside it appears more bulky than the KSG and the ergonomics don't look as good as the KSG. If the two could mate they would create the perfect bullpup boomstick! We will have to see, but if I had to votes on these first looks, I would go with the UTS-15 for functionality...the KSG is better looking and American made though.

post-7342-0-65721200-1311565996_thumb.jpg

Edited by BigD45

I love shotguns and a pump to go with my Saiga is in my future plans and would make a badass duo! The UTS-15 adds a competitor to the KSG/bullpup shotgun market and boasts some better options than the KSG; the side feed loading ports, side eject, and most especially the alternating tube fire. That is AWESOME! On the downside it appears more bulky than the KSG and the ergonomics don't look as good as the KSG. If the two could mate they would create the perfect bullpup boomstick! We will have to see, but if I had to votes on these first looks, I would go with the UTS-15 for functionality...the KSG is better looking and American made though.

That is hideous!!!!

KSG, if I had to choose, would be my choice. I doubt that I will though.

I already have over $2200 invested in my S-12 :super:

FTS

That is hideous!!!!

KSG, if I had to choose, would be my choice. I doubt that I will though.

FTS

Post a pic of this $2200 Bad Boy!

FTS

2011-07-24_00-00-51_287-1.jpg

2011-07-22_16-52-58_802.jpg

346005616_photobucket_13618_.jpg

IMG_1071-1.jpg

That price includes everything from magazines to conversion parts to labor. I spent $1100 on magazines alone!

FTS

Edited by FL Thunder Stick

I think the only advantage between the KSG and UTS-15 have over the saiga is that its easier to carry two different types of loads and switch between the two.

Despite the bulky appearance its roughly the same weight as a Saiga, the KSG is a bit lighter. I'm really curious how well the carbonfiber will hold out on the UTS, in the long run... I don't forsee issues but you never know.

...the KSG is better looking and American made though.

In all fairness they originally were going to just import them, but then decided to instead manufacture it in the US. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/03/25/uts%e2%80%9315-tactical-pump-action-shotgun-big-and-badass/

FTS

That price includes everything from magazines to conversion parts to labor. I spent $1100 on magazines alone!

FTS

Looks nice. How does it run?

Yeah, it doesn't take long to spend some money on mags. I have about $1200 in 13 MD-20s. Where in FL are you? Maybe we could meet up and raise some hell someday soon :angel:

They can keep their ugly concrete block with a pistol grip.

Why the hell do these guns need dual magazine tubes? Can't someone build a decent bullpup shotgun without going to the drawing board with a bunch of ADHD teenagers?

Give me something 6+1 that is semi automatic with pump backup, and an OAL identical to the KSG. People can shove capacity up their ass, when you have to use a magazine tube, over 6 rounds gets to be a timely affair to reload.

Edited by Tombs