S-12 trap range report

Well took my new saiga out to the local trap range and as soon as I uncased the thing i got some bad looks. I guess these things are extremely frowned upon at ranges. when i was up to shoot i had to remove the magazine after after every shot to reload due to the rules (what a pain) and then at the end of my first and only round of 25 i was talked to by the manager and was asked to either change my weapon or leave due to being a "distraction to the other shooters" wtf its cuz of their rules im a "distraction." I told him "see you try using this thing with ATA rules...its frustrating removing the mag after every shot and my action sets off the sound activated pull signal". he told me to remove myself from the premises and come back with a "trap gun." sorry for the rant lol i found this whole thing kind of funny being asked to leave from a trap facility. personally i think i they just got jealous a dude with a non trap shooting gun got a perfect 25 out of 25. in the end i think ill stick to pasture clays more fun i can blow apart a pigeon with however many rounds i want and nobody to care.

Edited by lonestar2222003
  • Like 1

I live in west/central FL and we have a trap range that is mostly wealthy old men with $5,000-$20,000 trap guns. I brought my Saiga out there and just breach loaded each round and it was fine. I think if I had been using a mag the extra movement would have been more "distracting" to the other shooters rather than just loading a single shell like the rest of the older men. I did however get those looks from the career trap guys and all of that garbage; F' em.

I raise hell at my local skeet range. We just had a little all-Saiga 12 event. Shooting clays with a fully loaded MD-20 adds a new dimension to the sport :angel: Of couse, they laugh at my crude Russian shotgun. I don't care.

I raise hell at my local skeet range. We just had a little all-Saiga 12 event. Shooting clays with a fully loaded MD-20 adds a new dimension to the sport :angel: Of couse, they laugh at my crude Russian shotgun. I don't care.

No one around my way has ever seen an S-12 even the FFL I had it sent to was in awe because he never saw one. Needless to say i live in a podunk little town

No one around my way has ever seen an S-12 even the FFL I had it sent to was in awe because he never saw one. Needless to say i live in a podunk little town

My FFL had never seen one either and when I broke it open at the store to look at it during the paperwork process I had about a dozen or so people looking at it before I got out of the store.

As far as the skeet range is concerned, screw'em...a gun is a gun is a gun...they all shoot the same right?

My FFL had never seen one either and when I broke it open at the store to look at it during the paperwork process I had about a dozen or so people looking at it before I got out of the store.

As far as the skeet range is concerned, screw'em...a gun is a gun is a gun...they all shoot the same right?

Saiga 12 is to skeet range as tuxedo T'shirt is to black tie affair. They view them as crude and classless.

Saiga 12 is to skeet range as tuxedo T'shirt is to black tie affair. They view them as crude and classless.

And I view high end trap guns as fancy, overrated, and worthless.

Edited by yooper14.5
  • Like 1