Advanced Conversion Question 7.62 x 39

OK, I need the experts here. I want to completely redo the barrel with a typcial handguard retainer and FSB with pins and detent and add a slant brake.

I was wanting to know which parts can I use? Romanian? Chinese? Russian? I know K-VAR has a lot of parts, my concern is measurements and which ones

will work.

Thanks

I used Bulgarian AK 74 parts on my 5.45 conversion and they fit perfectly. I am pretty sure you could use them on a 7.62 conversion. Although the FSB for it has the 24mm rh threads on it so the slant brake is out. I would imagine Bulgarian AK 47 parts would fit as well then you would only have to thread the barrel.

Thanks for the info. Basically I want to redo the whole barrel, push off the gas block as well as the FSB. Then install a normal HG retainer and then a FSB block with pin and detent. I want to put wood furniture on it and make it look old school. Of course I am aware of 922 and such. Just didn't know which other country's parts might fit. I have a buddy who has a milling machine, press, etc.. to ge this done. We have build other AK's from kits, but really have not tried to mix and match before. I guess it might be a case of trial and error until I get it the way I want it.