I brought my new Yugo Tokarev m-57 out, and my Tanfoglio 10mm.

My friend brought out his recently inherited 1958 era single action only ruger 7" barreled 44 magnum revolver. (first time out with it)

To start out with, my Tokarev is amazingly easy to shoot. Least recoil of any centerfire I've ever fired. It is also the least accurate. It was chronying out at 1550fps with the Romanian milsurp. At 6c a shot, I'm going to try to resolve the accuracy issues.

My Tanfoglio is having issues with magazine reliability. From what I've read this is due to the paint on the inside of the magazines, paint that is progressively chipping off as I use 'em. From what I've read, once all the paint is out of the inside of the magazines they'll be 100% reliable. OTOH it is quite accurate, and fairly easy to fire. The recoil isn't bad at all. My sheepdog 185gr ammo was chronying around 1250fps. Despite the magazine reliability issue, the 10mm is my most fun handgun.

I put 5 full power bear loads through the .44 What a beast. To start out with, I HATE the ergonomics on it. The trigger is too close to the grip, and IMO just laid out poorly. Was nice and accurate, but the recoil was muleish. The gun is freakishly heavy, with all of the weight in front of the grip which was already uncomfortable. I think I am officially an Automatic person. My dislike for the gun was surprising, considering how much of an accuracy nut I am.

My Tanfoglio is having issues with magazine reliability. From what I've read this is due to the paint on the inside of the magazines, paint that is progressively chipping off as I use 'em. From what I've read, once all the paint is out of the inside of the magazines they'll be 100% reliable. OTOH it is quite accurate, and fairly easy to fire. The recoil isn't bad at all. My sheepdog 185gr ammo was chronying around 1250fps. Despite the magazine reliability issue, the 10mm is my most fun handgun.

I have a Tanfoglio witness in 10mm and my magazines are blued inside and out so there is nothing to chip off. If you haven't replaced the mag spring and recoil spring with the increased power springs from Wolff Gunsprings you need to. The recoil spring is much to weak for anything hotter then 40s&w equivalent loads. The big problem with the mag spring is it is designed to collapse inside itself via a sharp reduction in the diameter of the coil in the middle of the length of the spring...if it was designed to collapse inside itself gradually instead of all at once it might have worked pretty good. The replacement spring is a normal mag spring that is the same diameter from one end to the other and it will reduce the capacity from 15 to 12...you might be able to clip a few coils off the spring and get the capacity back up to 13 or 14 and still be reliable but I decided that 12 rounds at 100% reliability is better then having and extra round or two at an unknown reliability %age.

I used to have feeding issues with almost every round until I changed the springs out. I have Wolff's 22# recoil spring in it atm and it is pretty stiff, I also tried the 20# and 18#(?) recoil spring and it was equally reliable...I think anything other then the factory spring is all it needs; and I went with the +10% mag spring (I think there is a +5% spring available) but again, I think anything other then the factory spring is what is needed to get these guns running 100%.

Edited by Barnett3006