What to do with my Saiga 7.62x39?

Ok guys, right about now you should start to smell the baby powder on this noob but I am in need of some serious advice!

I have a Saiga 7.62x39 with a quick detach sight mount. I want to add the the following: new forearm with tac rails, collapsable butt-stock, pistol grip, and forward grip. I think that these alone, US made parts will not put me at 922r compliance. What is the easiest, quickest method to do so? I have looked into conversion kits, but I'm a little unsure with the modding involved with the trigger group. I plan on using http://www.mississippiautoarms.com for this venture but like I said, I'm unsure on what route to take. If anyone can break down for me the easiest way to add these parts, plus anything else to make me legal I would greatly appreciate it. I'm attaching a pic of what I'm working with. Thanks for any advice!

post-35158-0-45972400-1311525399_thumb.jpg

Edited by jbizzy

Get the CSS conversion kit. Easy and no modding of the G2 required. That will put you into a very good position for 922r compliance. Get the normal AK T-6 stock, Molot pistol grip, and the UTG quad rail. That should give you everything you wanted in your first post. Then pick your fore-grip and you're good to go :up:

If you wt to use hicap mags you'll need to buy and install a bulletguide: Flat

Round

Look at the pic when you click on the link to see if you'll need a flat or round BG, that is if you don't already know :smoke:

ETA: 5% discount code: CSS :drevil:

Edited by AZG
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

If you wt to use hicap mags you'll need to buy and install a bulletguide: Flat

Round

Look at the pic when you click on the link to see if you'll need a flat or round BG, that is if you don't already know :smoke:

ETA: 5% discount code: CSS :drevil:

There are AK capacity Saiga mags available for the 7.62x39 rifle by US manufacturers, so that takes care of a few foreign parts. And if you want to use AK mags, you'll need to file the magazine catch so they lock into place. I did the conversion anyway, as the Saiga without a pistol grip felt a little clunky to me and the stock was too long.

Jim