Nobel Sport Rounds..don't bother

I got some Nobel Sports cheap off the net just figured for the price I'd try them.

Well I got about 5 to fire and I was like hhmmm maybe they might work.

After that nothing but problems. Don't bother, just gotto Wally world and get the Remingtons

they work fine on the #2 setting.

I'm thinking of making another post with Rounds, Piston type and Piston number settings.

People seem to like Silver Bear " slugs. I might need to use the #2 setting for them.

By the way I am using an MD arms Non Booster Piston. Just it in today for 922R.

• Like 1

The above is absolutly true. I got some noble sport birdshot and a few shells came apart in the chamber. They are Italian made, I had similar problems with the Italian centurion 410 ammo. I posted pics in a seperate thread.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/67602-centurion-3-410/page__p__653617__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=653617

• 2 weeks later...

I have shot 250 rounds of Nobel Sport through my Saiga .410s with no issues. Saying that Italian shotgun shells are all junk because you had a bad experience is like saying that American handguns are all junk because Jennings is made here.

That said, I was disappointed to see that the Centurion .410 (which I ordered a case of while deployed) will not work in my .410s. I will give it a try anyhow, but I don't doubt the problems. I hope it was a bad lot and that Centurion will get it right, but I am not convinced that is the case. If not, it looks like my Pardner now has a lifetime supply of ammo.

I have shot 250 rounds of Nobel Sport through my Saiga .410s with no issues. Saying that Italian shotgun shells are all junk because you had a bad experience is like saying that American handguns are all junk because Jennings is made here.

That said, I was disappointed to see that the Centurion .410 (which I ordered a case of while deployed) will not work in my .410s. I will give it a try anyhow, but I don't doubt the problems. I hope it was a bad lot and that Centurion will get it right, but I am not convinced that is the case. If not, it looks like my Pardner now has a lifetime supply of ammo.

It's not that they are italian, I like italian stuff but these shells seems of a poorer quality. If definably does not have the power of off the shelf American brands.

Italians can make some really nice shotguns.

I seen primers come out of shells and the walls seem thinner.

I can use them 1 at a time but that is about it.

• 1 month later...

To clarify, the NobelSport rounds I have used with success are the 3" 11/16 ounce #6 loads. I have not used their buckshot. Also, the OAL for the Centurion ammo is about 3/16" too long to fit in the Surefire Magazines. Have not dug up one of the factory 4s to try, but am told they will fit.

Edited by stiletto raggio