Folding Mechanism manufacturers?

I'm looking for input on folding mechanisms. There seem to be a few brands out there and I am looking for a piece with very sold lockup. I have head about slight "wobble" and want to avoid it. Anyone have experience with different manufacturers of the "ace style" folding mechanisms?

Edited by reddave1984
  • 1 month later...

Trying my luck with a Stormwerkz.....Locks open and closed which I like. Also is drilled and tapped for a sling stud. We'll see how it works out...

I have the Stormwerkz and it works fine. It needed a polish on the locking lug to get it to function smoothly,but hasn't failed me! :super:

• 4 weeks later...

so the stormwerkz is less rattly than the ace? have you guys tried both?

I have an Ace pushbutton, but I haven't installed it yet, because I still need to make or buy an internal stock adapter.

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen probs with wobbly ass PB hinges, and won't have one because of this...but all my Ace standard hinges are ROCK solid. Those who make knock offs...well I wouldn't recommend any knockoff parts... but I have never seen a real Ace non PB hinge that is anything but solid. In fact when they are brand new they can be damn hard to open and close until oiled well and broken in some.

2c.gif