I'm looking to, somewhere down the road, possibly purchase a suppressor for my Remington. It's a .308, 20" barrelled, SPS Tactical. I don't know much about suppressors and their manufacturers, someone school me!

100_8542.jpg

Edited by angrychair

a threaded barrel is a good start

Edit to add:

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass by the way!

I've shot a few guns with suppressors but not a bunch so take it for what it's worth. the Tornado technologies stubby is pretty sweet.

Edited by YARP

Disclaimer

No business or relationships with these guys.

Saw the flyer at a gunshow.

Seems pretty str8forward,just trying to boost the local eCONomy :unsure:

link should at least be informational and possibly save you hearing loss/wincing when you pull the trigger :sadam:

http://www.sdsilencer.com

Edited by sufi pirate

I would recommend going to SilencerResearch.com and NFATalk.org.

You will get less biased reviews than from the AAC run websites (silencertalk) that badmouth all of their competition.

I highly recommend Liberty Suppressors and HTG in Idaho.

For a .30 caliber, the HTG M30 is a good setup for me. It is quiet and has a patented baffle technology that nobody else can use. If you want light, get a titanium one - otherwise you will have a 2 pound weight at the end of your barrel so I would recommend cutting it to 16.25". Both HTG and Liberty have excellent customer service and after the sale support (if you ever need it cleaned or serviced, you can send it in).

WARNING: Once you start with your first stamp, you will get several more even though you said you only need 1.