Anyone tried this Omega Saiga rail?

The UTG rail is actually really good. I have the UTG pro which is made in America and it works great. It is a little more expensive but worth the extra money IMO. The long top rail is useless though because It wasn't very stable and I couldn't get any optics to hold zero. If you use the short rail it works perfectly and holds zero great.

post-34181-0-80094000-1311875336_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ethan Metcalf

I have the USA made UTG version of this rail on my gun. No complaints about the fit or finish of it whatsoever. I am still working the kinks out of my gun (Cobra76two has my bolt/carrier/fcg now), but I plan to keep the rail. You will find a few threads about possible FTE/FTF issues connected with the presence of this rail. I think it has something to do with the fact that the rail applies pressure to the gas tube, and/or causes some type of "harmonics" type issue.

I also prefer the shorter of the two top rails that come with the kit. There is no good reason I can think of to keep the longer rail up top.