Just got my parts back from Pauly.... WOW!!!

I just received my BCG, and FCG back from Pauly and all I can say is WOW! These parts are so much better in person; my pictures don't even do them justice. It's really hard to take pictures of a mirror finish. I didn't want to bust out all the soft boxes, backdrop, tripod so these pictures will have to do…

I have a comparison of the custom BCG next to an original unmodified S12 BCG. The precision work is unlike no other. I thought about modifying my other S12 internals myself but after I got this back I'm thinking the price vs. quality it's worth just sending them to Pauly.

I just installed my custom parts into my S12 and I have to say it's a completely different shotgun. I'll post pictures later. The action is so smooth, unlike before where it kind a felt like crushing a soda can when charging it. The carrier used to get hung up and you would have to assist it closed. All that's GONE now! The trigger is an easy crisp pull, so different than before it's definitely the best trigger group I have in a shotgun. I can load a mag on a closed bolt.

I'm so happy! All I can say is Pauly's work is worth every penny. The quality of craftsmanship and detailing is absolutely amazing. All the way to the little cuts he put in the top of the Pauly piston charging handle. The carrier jeweling is beautiful, the bottom is profiled down and it feels so slick and smooth it. The charging handle slightly leans outward so you can mount optics w/o interference. There's only one thing left to do and that's to take this girl for a test drive…:killer:

Looks like the wife's sleeping on the couch tonight!!! :smoke:

S12-Group.jpg?t=1311882742S12-Both-Front.jpg?t=1311882946S12-both-bot.jpg?t=1311882984S12-Both-back.jpg?t=1311883008S12-Both-1.jpg?t=1311883257S12-One-FR.jpg?t=1311883303S12-One-Bot.jpg?t=1311883423S12-bolt.jpg?t=1311883462S12-one.jpg?t=1311883489S12-charge.jpg?t=1311883552

Edited by Jeluvsk

I just got the exact same work done, and received it today. Flawless. I can't decide to shoot it or frame it.

Jeluvsk's pictures and description are dead on accurate. Pauly's work is surreal. Absolutely smooth carrier, including the jewel marks. No indentations.

Hey!, that looks exactly like mine except a Tromix handle. Pauly does a great job and although other vendors offer the same services, I have not seen their work have as many rave reviews and pictures put up of work. They probably have the same reliability improvements but Pauly's is just great artwork in addition to functional.

Looks awesome :super: . But metal turning the bottom seem point less other that it is badass looking. I need to go test fire my S-308 to make sure it works (Bought it used) and get my BCG out to pauly it is going to be bad ass when it is done.

I just got the exact same work done, and received it today. Flawless. I can't decide to shoot it or frame it.

I definitely want to hang it an the wall! But its going in the safe for safe keeping, don't want my baby to run away

Thanks guys. :)They look good.

I think you'll like the function even better.

The GlassBolt part of what you got is a system, not just a mod.

That's why I include the free port gauge wires so you can see where your port sizes easily & (more importantly) be able to easily clean your ports with the correct gauge carbon steel wire to knock everything out. Also, they help me, help you troubleshoot down the road as you're completing your builds & going for the best overall reliability possible.

There's a whole lot to these guns that the Russians can screw up on. I encourage my clients to call me & pick my brain if they have issues.

I actually benefit too.

Without helping clients troubleshoot I would never have seen undersized chambers, barrel hoods that were too thick & jamming on shell rims, or thought that paper wadding from old ammo could fall into the action & jam a lug up so it stayed locked in breech.

Looks awesome :super: . But metal turning the bottom seem point less other that it is badass looking. I need to go test fire my S-308 to make sure it works (Bought it used) and get my BCG out to pauly it is going to be bad ass when it is done.

I was wondering what ever happened to you.

That handle's getting made one way or another. That's the one going on my gun if I ever get time to work on my own toys. :D

After you asked about it I started brainstorming.

I already have all the materials to turn it out on the lathe & mill the other sections.

I'm glad you asked about that one when you did. :up:

With regards to the engine turning the bottom, it'ss a precaution for people who decide to use oils such as CLP or Hopps on the underside of the carrier when they really should be using a light coat of moly grease for the rails, underside of the carrier & other shear surfaces.

The engine turning on the bottom facilitates the capilary action needed to retain thin oils in place over the surface when they would otherwise just run off without it, but it remains smooth enough to not add any friction whatsoever.

It smoothens the action even further than a high polish & slows down wear due to superior retention of thinner lubes.

After I started doing that, a few people saw the engine turning on the bottoms & started asking me to do the sides of the carriers. I think they got the idea from pictures of forum member "Post Apocalyptic's" picture of his of Lonestar guns's carrier that had jeweling on the side.

Eventually I recently relented.

My engine turning on the SIDE of the carrier has absolutely no functional value whatsoever.

It does look pretty though. :)

I definitely want to hang it an the wall! But its going in the safe for safe keeping, don't want my baby to run away

They are lovely, but about storage;

This steel is very close in properties to what would be classified by metallurgists as a stainless & in many texts, particularly Asian texts, 30XPA is actually referred to as a stainless.

It's really a Chrome-Manganese.

Some refer to it as an austenitic stainless steel.

But it doesn't have the high levels of chromium required to make it totally "stainless".

Most people could keep a full polish IceRack dry forever & never have a single issue.

But if they are in a really, really bad environment like put in a safe with finger oils on them & there was dramatically changing temperatures + high humidity, they may see a few tiny pin-head sized spots eventually take on a brown hue. They could be quickly wiped clean with a gun-rag, but better to play it safe IMO & just wipe the carrier with a "Gun Rag" or T-shirt cloth with WD-40 real quick before storing long term, if you don't keep air dryer pellets in the safe & you live in a humid environment.

But if they are in a really, really bad environment like put in a safe with finger oils on them & there was dramatically changing temperatures + high humidity, they may see a few tiny pin-head sized spots eventually take on a brown hue. They could be quickly wiped clean with a gun-rag, but better to play it safe IMO & just wipe the carrier with a "Gun Rag" or T-shirt cloth with WD-40 real quick before storing long term, if you don't keep air dryer pellets in the safe & you live in a humid environment.

Thanks for the heads up, I have alot of dry pellet bags in my safe. (the big bags) If you need a few Pauly I'll send you a couple. JLMK

OK the metal turning makes sence now. Thanks Pauly and don't worry I will have the BCG out to you in a week or two I just want to function test the gun first and I have been swamped at work it is the busy season for asphalt work.Thanks again.

Edited by SCHULTZE

Pauly does fantastic work, got to shoot mine yesterday went through two drums and it ran great!!! I could not be happier! If this was facebook I'd put the like thing on Pauly's work! I not only like it I love it thanks Pauly!!!!! My hearo, okay maybe that is over the top, just can say enough about his super high quality workmanship!

I have put several hundred rounds through mine after installing my glass bolt., and after tuning the gas plug I have had zero issues. I let anyone at the range shoot my S12 without hiccup, including women and children. It's 100% reliable. :super::wub::donatello:

Edited by fromxtor

This will be mod #1 for me when I break mine in, I've seen other pics of Pauly's work, and there like little pieces of pieces if fine art, that can cause alot of hurt, friggin remarkable as usual Pauly..

You do not need to "break in" if the action is reprofiled and polished properly. Save your ammo for after you get your parts back. The benefits of "break in" are negligible anyway.

Hey Pauly do you install that charging handle also? or was that previously installed? I will definately be sending my bolt, etc. when I get some extra cash.

Yep.

That's Pauly's Piston VCH.

I liked the 1920's art-deco look of it.

Pauly does fantastic work, got to shoot mine yesterday went through two drums and it ran great!!! I could not be happier! If this was facebook I'd put the like thing on Pauly's work! I not only like it I love it thanks Pauly!!!!! My hearo, okay maybe that is over the top, just can say enough about his super high quality workmanship!

Bad-ass!!!

I thought that set was for your magwell gun for some reason & I was wishing you'd gotten it for the rock & lock so you could see ALL the advantages GlassBolt offers including improvement with drums & ease of rock & lock reloading.

Looks like you did after all. :D

Hopefully it'll speed you up if you can focus on target acquisition without having to worry & pay as much attention seeing if you had a malfunction, which should help times. :)

I have put several hundred rounds through mine after installing my glass bolt, and after tuning the gas plug I have had zero issues. I let anyone at the range shoot my S12 without hiccup, including women and children. It's 100% reliable. :super::wub::donatello:

:super:

Now stop.

Don't do anything else. :)

People will sing songs of Pauly's work for generations to come.

O Pauly's great, O Pauly's good, Pauly made my S12 bling like no one else could, The fuction is flawless anyone would concur, This beast enjoys to eat anything and destroys all in it's way,There's no slaying this dragon the bitch is here to stay

may not be good but I ran out of rhyme... LOL

Edited by Jeluvsk

Pauly's work is outstanding. He has perfected the polishing/re profiling service and I would recommend him to everyone.

Thanks Greg I appreciate the endorsement.

By any chance, if you ever take a picture of that DogLeg vertical charging handle on the .308 could you send me a copy?

I really like how it came out.

Pauly's work is outstanding. He has perfected the polishing/re profiling service and I would recommend him to everyone.

Thanks Greg I appreciate the endorsement.

By any chance, if you ever take a picture of that DogLeg vertical charging handle on the .308 could you send me a copy?

I really like how it came out.

Let me get you one.