Mini-14 mag adaptors - Progress and interest call

Hell yeah, I went by the local store today and they had some PMI mags on for ~ $15...

Oh well... you probably read my thread on my license being shit can'd... but hey a magazine is not a firearm.. LOL

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow~ I just came across this thread by luck, and I can ASSURE you it's not just people from CA who'd snap these up! NY is a pretty big 'ban' state as well...

Any progress or takers to buy your idea for production? Please PM me if these are being made!

Thanks much,

NY'er

Hi dyi,

Thanks for the quick response to my having revived an old thread.

I should have been more specific~ NY has a ban on hi cap mags that aren't preban ('94), and some of us have a lot of coin already invested in hi-cap preban mags for other rifles. At the moment I have a Mini 14 with a bunch factory preban mags, which have grown quite pricey.

I can't be the only one in NY (or elsewhere) who recognizes the utility and durability of the Saigas, at a cost that can't be beat if you don't have to spend a dime on a whole new set of mags. I've kicked around the idea of getting one, and have been deciding whether to go 7.62 or .223, but that adapter would seal the deal for the .223 because mags would be compatible for both. If you could make an adapter for the Mini's mags to fit a Saiga I'd buy one tomorrow! Well, Friday... lolol

Edited by NY'er
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
The whole idea is that YES they will work in a stock S-223. Might have to look into parts count legalities, but the Mini mags cover three of them. I can make stocks for stock S-223s and that plus the Mini mags would cover parst compliance.

Bear with me, folks, have a lot of projects going here.

On the SIG mags, Beta-C has already developed a tower for Mini-14 mags. I'm sure they could also do one for the AK. I wouldn't go cutting a SIG mag if I didn't have to.

Here it is Jan 09 and I am reading your idea on mini 14 mags for Saiga 223.

I just bought one so was wondering if you ever went ahead with the thing.

If you did E-mail me at ceacat@aol.com Thanks Lazy Horse Russ

• 2 weeks later...

First post. I have been using this forum for the past week to research my recent .223 purchase i made yesterday. The info here is amazing!

With that being said not only would I use this adapter but I would preorder one right now if I had the opportunity to get my money back in the event that the project is abandoned.