Mini-14 mag adaptors - Progress and interest call

Mabe I am missing something, but. . . Why are you even thinking about modding Mini-14 mags, or any other mags (Galil), and spending not insignificant bucks doing it, when the world is flooded with AK mags (AK-74 and Wiegers) that actually FIT the damn thing already? Read the post by Dinzag where he found out how ridiculously easy and cheap the 5.45 mag ($6-$8) Home Depot putty conversion I told all of you about is ($.25).

I think the point is to use US made mags....for compliance parts.....

correct me if i am wrong....?

RangerM9

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn, you've found me out... I was going to keep it a secret, but now that I've let one part slip, I may as well tell you the rest of the story...

I was going through the process of having my right arm removed below the elbow and having my saiga 223 attached in it's place (I'm left handed). However, the lack of readily available highcapacity magazines has kept my plan from coming to fruition. If I am indeed successful in this endeavor, I will be a walking weapon!

<insert evil laughter here>

--------------------------------------------------------

... or maybe my word choice was a bit sloppy. I geuss I'll never fulfill my dream of becoming a highschool English Composition teacher. Oh well. Life goes on. ;)

Damn, you've found me out... I was going to keep it a secret, but now that I've let one part slip, I may as well tell you the rest of the story...

I was going through the process of having my right arm removed below the elbow and having my saiga 223 attached in it's place (I'm left handed). However, the lack of readily available highcapacity magazines has kept my plan from coming to fruition. If I am indeed successful in this endeavor, I will be a walking weapon!

--------------------------------------------------------

... or maybe my word choice was a bit sloppy. I geuss I'll never fulfill my dream of becoming a highschool English Composition teacher. Oh well. Life goes on. ;)

experiment with yourself, dream, sloppy...........I think we should call in a cryptologist. :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

YES!! They would be FANTASTIC!! Here is why...

A very high end, high quality company, Creative Proucts aka C Products is soon to introduce a VERY nice SS Mini-14 mag. This WILL happen soon and will solve the mini-14 mag availability and quality issues.

It would count as 3 US parts.

It requires no modification to the weapon.

The mini-14 mags can be used with AR15 mag web gear and pouches and mag-puls (the original kind).

The adaptor can be made to function as a sort of mag funnel to help ease reloading.

In fact, the only thing that could possibly be better would be an AR15 mag adapter.

I hope you go forward with this.

Please add me to a mialing list as I almost never look around here.

tsh77769@hotmail.com

AR-15 mags have an issue with interference, where no adaptor could make unmodified AR mags work in an unmodified Saiga-223.

Thanks very much for showing continued interest. At the moment my furniture orders are stacked pretty high and I want to take care of these excellent customers. I'm looking to do another major change in facilities and methods in the coming months, and will certainly keep these on the agenda.

[Thanks very much for showing continued interest. At the moment my furniture orders are stacked pretty high and I want to take care of these excellent customers. I'm looking to do another major change in facilities and methods in the coming months, and will certainly keep these on the agenda.

BRG3: Still interested when you get past the stack of stocks, 40bikes

• 9 months later...

Hmm, me thinks BRG3 has much interest in 223 and 308 mag adapters... $50-$100 a pop for each could make him big wampum.

Maybe it's enough to get some external folks working on them, much the same way FBMG farmed out their mag squirting for the S308? Since you've been toying with the designs for years now, is it to a point where someone else could grab it and run, whilst you get a share of the $$'s?

I'm just watching the clock tick away to the next election...

Given this thread's age, I suspect BRG3 has passed on the idea in favor of his woodwork. If so, maybe he could pass his ideas along to Dinzag?

If not, COUNT ME IN! As long as... it's still less than $50 AND will work w/Dinzag's bullet guides.

Bill

I haven't "passed on the idea", but wood furniture orders have priority since I have been confident enough to take pre-payments, and then have to deliver in a reasonable time. I am streamlining those operations and expect to have more tiem available, in which I could catch up on sidelined projects such as this one.

The G3 mag adaptors will have priority over this because they are more of a niche item, while other mags may be a better fit for the S-223. Pro-mags aren't the best but at their current prices they may be a better deal than Mini mags with an adaptor.

A royalty arrangement with another person would be tempting, but tracking their sales and enforcing it would be undesireable. The only arrangement I would consider would be to sell a set of dimensioned drawings, machining notes, and other engineering related work that could be discussed and negotiated. Any interested parties may contact me.

I am new to the board, I would of only been a reader but this thread is very interesting.

I recently got a RAA Saiga since they are off list in California, my only option is to stick with the factory 10 rounders - but I DO have my pre-ban PMI mini-14 40 round magazines... if I could use those in my new Saiga then I would gladly spend $70 for that modification!

Please make some of these for us in California.

-flatroof

I am new to the board, I would of only been a reader but this thread is very interesting.

I recently got a RAA Saiga since they are off list in California, my only option is to stick with the factory 10 rounders - but I DO have my pre-ban PMI mini-14 40 round magazines... if I could use those in my new Saiga then I would gladly spend $70 for that modification!

Please make some of these for us in California.

-flatroof

Thank you for that observation. I will consider it.

and to think... one guy at work gave me (aka FREE STUFF) 13, Ruger factory high cap mini-14 magazines...

unfortunately I needed some extra money at the time and I sold the magazines at a gun show for a hefty profit....

but an mini-14 adapter sounds like a very cool idea...

C Products is supposed to be introducing a Mini-14 mag this summer and is PMI talking about resuming production. If so, there'll be plenty of quality Mini-14 mags available.

So I guess we can all still confidently say that there will be great demand for such an item.