Well its range week next week, so i went to the armory to check out my assigned weapon and theres an ex infantry guy incharge of our arms room who gets off on re-living his glory days so i indulged him and let him tell me his stories and in return he hooked me up.

I got an M16A4 and this thing called a grip pod,

the grip pod id a vertical foregrip that when u push a button a bipod pops out

its pretty sweet im trying figure out where to get them from might hafta place an order through the arms room guy

he's letting me qualify with the M249 only thing that sucks there is in a month we're goin to LA for swamp survial or somethin like that but ima hafta carry the M249 there lol

anyways anyone know of any quality grip bi pods out there

Chevyman is right, they are a super cool piece of equipment for somebody who knows the value of going prone while in rapid transition. Don't go cheap, don't buy a fake, get the real thing or it will be guaranteed to break.

They make a special super heavy duty grippod for the M249 and mounting it allows you to ditch 2lbs of crappy bipod weight!

Edited by SOPMOD

They make a special super heavy duty grippod for the M249 and mounting it allows you to ditch 2lbs of crappy bipod weight!

M249 bipods aren't that heavy. When you ditch the bipod and factory plastic handguard in lieu of a railed forearm and Gripod, you actually add more weight but add the capability to mount things like an IR aiming laser. But, if you use the short Paratrooper barrel and collapsing stock, it ends up being a very nice assault weapon. Back on subject, don't buy a knock off as aforementioned.

M249 bipods aren't that heavy. When you ditch the bipod and factory plastic handguard in lieu of a railed forearm and Gripod, you actually add more weight but add the capability to mount things like an IR aiming laser. But, if you use the short Paratrooper barrel and collapsing stock, it ends up being a very nice assault weapon. Back on subject, don't buy a knock off as aforementioned.

I've shot a Minimi and I've shot a SAW with a Grip Pod. The SAW with the Grip Pod felt way lighter even with the rail.

Read an article awhile back, I guess before they were standard issue, a lot of the guys in the "sand box" were getting the cheapys and found them only good for keeping your weapon outta the dirt, etc. Go real or not, just know its limits. I got a cheapy, ok for what I do but will upgrade when I can.

I've shot a Minimi and I've shot a SAW with a Grip Pod. The SAW with the Grip Pod felt way lighter even with the rail.

I was just pointing out the obvious that the stock bipod doesn't weigh 2 pounds. I've never seen a weight comparison between the two setups but I can't imagine an aluminum Gripod on an aluminum tri-rail actually weighs less than a plastic handguard and that little cheesy bipod. It may have felt lighter because the way your support hand bore some of the weight with the Gripod.

the military model is the GPS-02. It is polymer with stainless steel reinforcements in the bipod legs. The Leo is the same as the GPS-02 with only poly legs. They have a SAW version with aluminum legs. They do not have an all aluminum version.

Search for GPS-02 to find the real versions easier.

Edited by GregM1