Tac-47 Auto plug

I got my Tac-47 autoplug in the mail this week and tuned it in yesterday at my local public range.

WOOHOO!! This wonderful device fixed my fte/ftc problems!!

what loads are you able to shoot now? And what brands/loads were giving you trouble?

The only ammo that would cycle reliably before were Winchester slugs.

It didnt like ANY type of shot.

Now it cycles Remington Bird Shot as my low end bulk ammo just fine.

I got my Tac-47 autoplug in the mail this week and tuned it in yesterday at my local public range.

WOOHOO!! This wonderful device fixed my fte/ftc problems!!

what loads are you able to shoot now? And what brands/loads were giving you trouble?

The only ammo that would cycle reliably before were Winchester slugs.

It didnt like ANY type of shot.

Now it cycles Remington Bird Shot as my low end bulk ammo just fine.

ok. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Have you compared how far its ejects the low brass bird shot rounds, compared to slugs or buckshot? In theory they should eject about the same distance. I am thinking of getting one for 3 gun matches. The new trend is to have you shoot slugs and bird shot on the same stage, and this device if it works will be really convenient.

How many Saiga-20 owners have a Tac-47 Auto plug installed on thier gun? Reason I'm asking is I really want one but am hesitant because after searching all the forums I havent come up with any definite "yes it will work on a S20 for sure" So far only djplaguedaddy has posted any sucess about this. I wish we could get a definite answer from Tac-47. If it was confirmed here I would order one ASAP!!!!!! :super:

How many Saiga-20 owners have a Tac-47 Auto plug installed on thier gun? Reason I'm asking is I really want one but am hesitant because after searching all the forums I havent come up with any definite "yes it will work on a S20 for sure" So far only djplaguedaddy has posted any sucess about this. I wish we could get a definite answer from Tac-47. If it was confirmed here I would order one ASAP!!!!!! :super:

YES, It works on my Saiga 20 FOR SURE!

Have you tried actually picking up the phone and calling Tac-47?

Have you thought about the fact that there are some S-20s out there that it may not work in, or that won't work (as is,) no matter what kind of plug you put in them? If they post on a public forum that their plug will work in every S-20 then they have to stand behind that. Why don't you just listen to the people who go out of their way to post their own experiences with things, and then go buy one? If it doesn't work then sell it to someone else, or figure out what's wrong with your own gun that keeps it from working. I don't know about you, but it irks the shit out of me when I go out of my way to post my honest experiences with a product to try and help folks, then someone turns around and demands proof, or verification from someone else. It's the same as calling me a damn liar. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Have you compared how far its ejects the low brass bird shot rounds, compared to slugs or buckshot? In theory they should eject about the same distance. I am thinking of getting one for 3 gun matches. The new trend is to have you shoot slugs and bird shot on the same stage, and this device if it works will be really convenient.

I just got another one for one of my Saigas a few weeks ago. Finally had time to tune it Sunday and once it hit the sweet spot I mixed mags of Fed Bulk 8s, Buckshot, Slugs, and Rem Game load 7 1/2s. Every one ejected into the same pile about 4-6 feet away except for the Rem Nitro Turkey 4s that went about a foot further.

• 2 years later...

FYI:

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
support@tac47.com
4:15 PM (12 minutes ago)

Yes and the 410 as well.

Best Regards,
Justin

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2013 10:38 PM
To: support
Subject: Contact Form

Name: Jody Rex
E-mail: 
Telephone: 

Comment: Tac 47,

I have an S20 and have read one topic on the saiga-12.com forum that your auto gas plug works on his shotgun.  All of the other information I've read states that it is for an S12.  Can you confirm that it works on the S20?

All the best,

Jody Rex
Edited by lZl Jody lZl
  • 1 month later...

Just recently expanded the saiga line with the 20ga! So with the stellar results I had with my s12 and auto plug(AFTER the gun would run bulk wm/from the hip/with a drum/while chewing gum and walking) I am a lifetime believer in tac47. Soo, naturally I search the forums, find this thread and sweet auto plug fits 20ga. I call around, seem to be out of stock. Call tac47 to see if still in production, the said they have some ready to assy just waiting on the springs. Cool! So while I'm on the ph I confirm "these also fit the s20? Right" that gentleman wast sure so he asks(ph set down noise in background) he comes back on and replies cleanly "nope, these are just for the 12ga" ????? Well.....dug in the safe when I got home and this is what I found

post-48862-0-66913400-1391394301_thumb.jpg

post-48862-0-05865100-1391394319_thumb.jpg

post-48862-0-87243000-1391394335_thumb.jpg

post-48862-0-28054800-1391394395_thumb.jpg

I turn mine upside down to run 3 inch rounds on my 12   seems to be fine so far or am I screwing up ?

IMO, nope, you are doing what makes the most sense. What brands have you tried. My experience was that with the way my guns are tuned, some 3" shells would run and some were hit and miss, so I added a detente and a little more relief for gas flow, and everything i have run since is ejecting just right. Each gun will vary, so it makes total sense to me. Yours is probably gassed a little hotter than mine, or maybe you didn't run some of the borderline 3" ammo.

We market it for the s12.  We have and do put them on the s20s that we build. We have tried them on several and they work fine. We do not market it for the 20 because there are many under gassed guns out there, and the Autoplug would not be the magic fix. The autoplug regulates between high and low brass, and uses the gases efficiently

Cliff Evans.

• Like 1

I'm new here so let me explain; I have mooched soo much useful info from this awesome forum that I now feel deeply obligated to give back. I hope to share my experiences, and discoveries. This was one of those. Cliff awesome product. I can't imagine a Saiga shotgun without one( I have an arsenal .410 and don't like it as much because I can't install a Auto-plug) tac47 will not make your girlfriend prettier, your boss give you a raise and finally appreciate you, or allow you find the kettle of golden 22lr at the bottom of the rainbow! And it won't profile your hammer/carrier/bolt/rails, or verify your gas ports and remove/drill appropriate holes, (why would you want it to! I love that part!) BUT enough on that. Here's what it HAS allowed me to do.......mix any round,in any mag, in any order and pull the trigger repeatedly. If that's not enough. Previously I could run 125-150 before the gas block was so full of sh@$ that the carrier was held back! After the auto-plug, I ran 700 rounds(yes I was counting) with no issuers! Interesting thing happens when you bleed off excess gas. It take carbon/wadding/fouling with it! The grooves in the plug eventually fill and create a 100% seal. It gets better with use! Cliff don't apologize or undersell your product because there's stupid people in this world. It does what no other plug can, and it does it well!

When I said grooves fill in, I was referring to the puck.

Lol mike, asking question is a sign of intelegence. I was referring to lazy people with unrealistic expectations, because there is no pharmaceutical "saiga" pill that fixes everthing. But that's what I love about this platform. It's challenging.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...