Saiga 20 steel magazines. Now avalible!

These have been under development for some time. We are currently waiting on the blanks to be laser cut.

post-2952-0-40749700-1312127997_thumb.jpg

For size comparison there is a 30 round AK-47 mag under the 10 round S-20 mag. Its even with the top rear feed lip, and you can see the bottom corners near the base

post-2952-0-85782200-1312127979_thumb.jpg

Magazines have been finished and tested. Now available on our website. www.csspecs.com

Talk to Mike and Cameron about doing something with the s-12 stuff they have and see if you can get the double stack and compact drum out.

Both of those products are past my technology level. But we do have a full list of products coming out over the next 12 months that should have people fairly pleased.

We are making changes to keeps costs down on new projects, and to hopefully be more competitive in pricing while still making the same end product.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have been quietly wacthing the development of these since you gave out a few prototypes for trial. Wondering how far out yet on the first batch? Do you have a pre- release waiting list or is it first come first get? Like to and my name to the list if there is one or to be notified when they are ready. Like to get four or more. Thanks Junior.

Edited by junior1

We have a contact list... I'll warn ya that its not the best organized list. But I'll put you on it.

First run is roughly two weeks out, give or take a little.

I would liike to be on the contact list.

************** if you need an email

Edited by csspecs
Got your email address, removed email address to prevent some spam emails.

Alright. Yet another update.

First run is done, still needs to go in for black oxide.

We tested several of the production models with our Saiga 20 guage. All fit and functioned with Remington ammo, federal ammo failed to eject 1 out of 3 rounds on average, compared with 1 out of 2 with the factory mag. Our shotgun HATES federal ammo, so I was not surprised.

Fail to ejects are not a magazine problem. Otherwise switching shells would not fix it. Odds are one of the gas adjustment knobs will fix it.

Picture is not the entire batch.

post-2952-0-62833800-1314974129_thumb.jpg

are the steel s12 mags next

If I said they are I'll get 20+ emails a day. So I'll leave it as a maybe, but we are doing a new run of saiga .308 mags first.

Please put me on the list for at least 2 - thanks!

OK, still have to send off to testers and its still a week+ from being done at the metal finishers.

are the steel s12 mags next

If I said they are I'll get 20+ emails a day. So I'll leave it as a maybe, but we are doing a new run of saiga .308 mags first.

Please put me on the list for at least 2 - thanks!

OK, still have to send off to testers and its still a week+ from being done at the metal finishers.

pick me, pick me i want to be a tester

I too am soo excited about these!!! Emailed a while back about being added to your contact list for the much anticipated release of these well over due mags.:up: CAN'T WAIT!! Please, Please, Pleeeease be sure to add me to the call/email list for at least two, four if there is enough to go round in the first batch. Thanks and good luck! Junior.

Nothing like that... I have not finished my own part of the testing due to shotgun issues.

I'm having a problem with my shotgun not ejecting with other brands of bulk ammo. It functions fine with Remington sport loads, everything else short strokes either leaving a empty in the chamber or a stove pipe. This is with the factory magazine not mine.

I'd probably have them selling already but I'm working 12-14 hour days on another project. I'm going to get back with the testers and see what their final opinion is. I'd really like to sell them, it would be a nice to have part of my investment back.

Sorry to here about gun troubles. I here ya on the work thing too, no rest for the wicked! Taking any pre orders??? Could help get that investment money coming back quick .012.gif Either way sounds like our itchy little fingers will be stuffin ammo in them soon enough.

At one point I was dealing with 3 Saiga 20s, 1st would pick up shells off the ground and cycle anything (this is the gun we all hope to buy), 2nd might run high brass shells on Tuesday at 12:15 if you had made an appointment (found it had interference between the ejector on the frame and the slot on the bolt that had to be polished down), 3rd as it turned out was more or less normal functioning (it was the one I should have been listening to, but I really wanted it to be the 1st one that was right). Trying to figure out what if anything worked or didn’t work wasn’t any easier to figure out with 3 test guns than apparently it was with one.

Glad to read about the ongoing progress looking forward to trying your mags.

Mine came today, looks good, had to trim a little / round off the top of the front locking lug to get it into the gun and locked, loaded 8 rounds OK, hand cycled OK, reloaded 8 rounds OK, fired 8 rounds with out any issues, so far everything about it looks good to me.