Just got me a new rifle.

Its a polish Tantal! I was always skeptical about these based on the online reviews.. However, after jumping the fence and ordering one, I have to say, it is a sweet rifle.... Plus it cost me as much as a stock Saiga 5.45

I have not shot it yet, but I have huge plans for it. I do not want to disclose any details yet. However stay tuned.

By the way, this rifle is considered a PISTOL in Michigan so I can use it for my CCW :wub:

2011-08-02_19-08-46_804.jpg

• Like 2

I think that is going to be my next purchase, I am a Michigan guy as well. What stupid laws we have in this state! My brother used to have a Mini 14 with a factory folder, MI considers it a hand gun because it is less than 30 inches folded. Did you purchase the rifle locally or order online?

Hope it doesn't have the infamous CAI Drunken Monkey installed 5.56mm barrel. I've witness two of my friend's Tantals that keyholed badly at 25 meters. They were returned and not exchanged for another because of the experience.

Century is hit and miss. I'd much rather buy a kit from APEX for $185.00 and build one myself. If you got a good one then you'll love it. It's a great rifle. The more 74's that I build, the more I'm becoming partial to the 5.45x39. Hell, I hardly ever shoot my 47's any more. I'd love to hear a range report on it, if you have time.

went out after work and shot 1x45rd mag and 3x30 rd mags. I was not really aiming in one spot but rather trying to hit a target at 100yds. Here is my target:

NO KEYHOLES and I tried 3 types of ammo, Surplus, Silver bear and wolf HP.

2011-08-05_17-34-47_292.jpg

Put some different furniture on it. Which one do you like better?

2011-08-06_14-37-33_461-1.jpg

By the way, I got more things to do to this rifle but I am waiting for the parts to show up, before I duracoat it.

Edited by Deussne