I cant make my mind up between the two, I feel the ruger is a excellent gun and fits my hand like a glove with the slimmer grip and from what I have read in reviews will eat any ammo you feed it. The xd is nice as well I like the grip safety it is a little thicker but feels good in my hand and feels a little better as far as construction on the frame, I just dont want the xd gear that comes with it. I found the sr and the xd at a local gun shop, sr was 380 and the xd was 480. I really like the ruger but I cant help but think the xd may be worth the extra hundred bucks even if it comes with shitty gear.

And please no "get a glock or m&p talk", I know what I want, if you like those great but they just dont feel comfortable to me and are a little far out of my price point. I was going to buy a 9mm but decide 40 prices the way they are and the extra energy delivered on target were the better option.

I'm an XD fan myself. Both of mine were purchased used, one without the XD Gear. I don't miss that stuff! Just be careful with buying extra magazines since the XDm uses slightly different ones than the XD.

The prices seem about right compared to online dealers.

I have owned an XD-40 since 2006 and it is my ccw gun. I love that gun and all the features like the chambered round indicator etc. The gun feels good in my hand, is very accurate and solid. I've put well over 5000 rds through it with out a single hick-up.

I too have owned and carried concealed XD 40 for years. It is the gun I am most comfortable and accurate with. I own an older ruger P90 I wear as an open carry. I am currently shopping for a full size XD to replace it. I love my old "hammer" but I just can't get past the reliability and comfort of the xd

that is a selling point for me on the ruger is that they come with 15 round magazines as compared to the xds 12. mags are about 5 bucks a piece more expensive for the ruger but that is not a deal breaker. plus the price is really hard to beat.

I have an XD-40 Service model. You can after you use the mags for a while, sneak in a 13th round and drop one in the chamber for 14 rounds, I do it all the time. Get the XD man, I like mine. Mine came with night sights too so I payed more than one just for the white dots.

I've never shot Ruger pistol that I liked... there's just something about the ergos and the controls that just irk me (though, their revolvers are really nice). The XD's feel like they mold to your hand like play-doh... they're awesome. Other than the price you mentioned, I don't see any contest. Get the Springfield.

i have held both the sr's and they fit my hand better than the xd but the xd I think will be more reliable as far as number of rounds put through the gun without problems. The only thing that irks me about the xd is the shitty ass gear that comes with it I think the gun shop I was at said they could get the essentials package and bring the price down some. put it this way I asked the owner while I was there, we had the xd, the ruger, and a glock 17 trade in, would he trust his ass in a sd situation and he simply replyed yes to any one of them. The xd is not as bad to hold for me as the glock was so the xd is kind of middle of the road to me as far as feel, i am not a huge fan of the six o' clock shooting position on the sights though. this is a real toss up for me simply because each has strengths and weaknesses.

Edited by dashowdy

Dont know about the Ruger but I spent the extra $$ on the xd40 sub-compact. Super nice. Fits in my hand great, even better with the extended mag. The gear like you said is junk except the longer mag. Just 1 or 2 FTF's when it was brand new and super tight. It still is real tight after 2000 or so rds. I go back and fourth carrying it with my .45 commander which feels just as good in my hands. Good luck with what ever you choose. Either way you wont make a mistake.

Edited by whitetrashrn

I recently bought a kahr pm40 to carry concealed because my wife decided she wanted to carry my sub compact XD 40.she loves the 40s&w round and loaded chamber indicator.she is very accurate with it.I am buying the tactical xdm40 as soon as the card cools off from the two new saigas I just bought

Allright made my decision finally I am going to get the sr40c since I do plan on getting my ccw later this year and I am not too sure how well the 4inch barrel would conceal say during the summer when it is 105 outside

gun in question

definitely worth the watch pretty accurate for a compact.

will do, probably pick it up in the next thirty days. taking the ccw course around christmas. I am a tall skinny guy so I know that a 4 inch is going to print alot easier on me than say a guy that is heavier build than I am. but I may go ahead and get the holster and try both out see how they do. Going IWB

Edited by dashowdy