Finished my Recoiless Mossberg 500

I took my new SOFT RECOIL Mossberg 500 Road Blocker, Electro Sight 4 Dot Reticle, compact green lazer, and a KickLite Recoil Reduction Stock. I Shot a bunch of 00 3" Mag shells and found that the gun absorbs all the recoil. Nothing on my shoulder nor muzzel rise. (No violent back blast either.)

This was a fun project.

Recoiless Mossberg 500

500Recoiless2.jpg

500Recoiless1.jpg

Edited by rogertc1
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like a good set up. I too have a 500 but chose the AWESOME Blackhawk recoil reducing stock. Tonight I shot several shoulder killing 16 1-Buck rounds and they felt no worse than 1 oz target shells. I don't want a break because I want as much barrel as possible for powder burn. I reload using slower burning powders.

Are you a lefty? I noticed your shells are on the right side of the stock and inserted upside down. OK, the shells are upside down from my right handed perspective. If you are a right handed individual try pulling the shells up and out with your left hand and you'll probably notice it is faster to load them than pulling down then rolling your hand over the receiver and dropping the shell into the chamber. The last two shells, closest to you, are hard to pull down and out, if your using your left hand, since the stock is in the way.

Please tell me you have fired many many shells with the optic and it never failed you. I was considering a Burris Fast Fire but a $200 optic on a now $350 gun gives me pause to reconsider.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a good set up. I too have a 500 but chose the AWESOME Blackhawk recoil reducing stock. Tonight I shot several shoulder killing 16 1-Buck rounds and they felt no worse than 1 oz target shells. I don't want a break because I want as much barrel as possible for powder burn. I reload using slower burning powders.

Are you a lefty? I noticed your shells are on the right side of the stock and inserted upside down. OK, the shells are upside down from my right handed perspective. If you are a right handed individual try pulling the shells up and out with your left hand and you'll probably notice it is faster to load them than pulling down then rolling your hand over the receiver and dropping the shell into the chamber. The last two shells, closest to you, are hard to pull down and out, if your using your left hand, since the stock is in the way.

Please tell me you have fired many many shells with the optic and it never failed you. I was considering a Burris Fast Fire but a $200 optic on a now $350 gun gives me pause to reconsider.

A muzzle brake should not reduce velocity at all assuming same barrel length.