I'm just waiting for internet access to be a right for prisoners. That way, when they throw someone in jail for mocking them on the internet, they will give them time, ability, and motive to mock them further.

• Like 3

I draw cartoons for a local paper, and pissed off the county Sheriffs department with one of my cartoons once. They called the Editor and declared a Boycott on the paper, stomped their feet and shook their fists at him, but my editor at the time stood by me and held his ground.

Their complaints had no noticable effect on the paper`but he did ask me not to be "unnecicarily provokative" in the future........Yeah, fat chance!!

Everyone gets their chain pulled once in a while.....it seems to be the ones who complain have the most to hide and don"t want any attention brought to the fact that they are not Superior to the rest of us, but in fact are just regular folks who also F**K stuff up once in a while.

Most folks just laugh off my cartoons and take it with a grain of salt.

I still "Mock" the police in my carttons if they deserve a "ribbing" same as anyone else!

• Like 1

http://www.king5.com/news/Renton-Police-demote-two-officers-over-mocking-YouTube-video--127798678.html

by LINDA BYRON / KING 5 News

Posted on August 15, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Updated yesterday at 6:54 PM

Related:

RENTON, Wash. -- A top police commander and sergeant are to blame for at least one of the YouTube cartoons mocking the Renton Police Department and regional jail.

The video is one of nine recently posted on YouTube satirizing the Renton Police Department and the jail in an extremely unflattering way, at times coming across as racist and sexist.

The cartoon depicts a jail employee as a clown who offers nonsensical reasons for refusing to book a suspect brought in by Renton Police. The jail clown tells the officer he can't book the man because he's too drunk, his backpack is too big and he's too loud. The video also depicts jail employees as lazy.

The clown says, "We spent the last two years shirking duties and calling in sick for no reason. I was told we'd all be promoted."

The Renton Police officer mockingly thanks the clown for teaching him the ways of SCORE, the regional jail in Des Moines known as the South Correctional Entity.

According to the internal investigation, the offensive video was produced by Renton Police Sgt. Bill Judd, who showed it to a top commander, Deputy Chief Chuck Marsalisi. Judd told investigators the Deputy Chief thought it was funny and advised him on how to post it anonymously on YouTube.

Both men have been demoted for conduct unbecoming of an officer. Marsalisi is now a sergeant, Judd is now a patrol officer.

"There's a process of investigation," said Preeti Shridhar, Communications Director for the City of Renton, on the officers' discipline. "We work closely with the human resources department. Based on that and based on their recommendations, the action was taken."

Renton Police Department says this internal investigation only addresses one video, not 8 others that were the focus of a cyberstalking investigation. Police say they still don't know who produced those offensive videos and are continuing to look into the matter.