Hi, forgive me if this has been posted before. I am new to these forums and live in upstate NY(as in the North Country), and just bought a new Saiga .223. It seems like a great rifle, it is my very first tactical firearm. However the ten round magazine take no time at all to empty, and I guess in this state I can only use pre-ban magazines, at least as far as I know. It doesn't seem like preban Saiga mags exist, but many other rifles chambered in .223 such as AR15s must have preban magazines still readily available. Now I have heard of people milling down their rifles and doing all sorts of other modifications, but was wondering if there is an actual adaptor to let me use preban magazines in mine without risking destroying a beautiful new rifle? If this has been answered before I am really sorry, as I said I am new.

Hi, forgive me if this has been posted before. I am new to these forums and live in upstate NY(as in the North Country), and just bought a new Saiga .223. It seems like a great rifle, it is my very first tactical firearm. However the ten round magazine take no time at all to empty, and I guess in this state I can only use pre-ban magazines, at least as far as I know. It doesn't seem like preban Saiga mags exist, but many other rifles chambered in .223 such as AR15s must have preban magazines still readily available. Now I have heard of people milling down their rifles and doing all sorts of other modifications, but was wondering if there is an actual adaptor to let me use preban magazines in mine without risking destroying a beautiful new rifle? If this has been answered before I am really sorry, as I said I am new.

East German Weiger mags are all pre-ban, and are VERY high quality.

Do they require modifying the rifle itself? I am fairly handy but lack access to much of the tools I would need to do these modifications

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Do they require modifying the rifle itself? I am fairly handy but lack access to much of the tools I would need to do these modifications

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/67063-fitting-weiger-mags-to-the-saiga-223/

I know this is old but here you go.

I'd go with MSA mag adapter, looks rock solid.