Bolt hold open position in way of trigger after conversion?

Just finished a conversion for my Saiga 410 and I like the changes except now the bolt hold open lever seems too close to and in the way of trigger now in its new position.

Does this bother anyone else?

Can this cause any function or cycling problems?

Can I remove the hold open assembly?

Thanks for your help,

JR

Just finished a conversion for my Saiga 410 and I like the changes except now the bolt hold open lever seems too close to and in the way of trigger now in its new position.

Does this bother anyone else?

Can this cause any function or cycling problems?

Can I remove the hold open assembly?

Thanks for your help,

JR

I've found the same irritation with my S12. One thing you can do to help with it AND retain the BHO feature is to lock the bolt in the open position (i.e. with the BHO lever in the full "up" position), mark or scribe a line on the lever flush with the bottom of the receiver, remove and trim off the offending portion. Remember to round off the corners like it was originally. This should shave the BHO by a smidge over 1/8", and get the lever button out of the way of your trigger finger.

I shoot trap, where it's 1 round at a time on the line, too much to remove the BHO altogether, but this mod is a good compromise.

• Like 1

It would be possible to move it to the other side of the receiver. Would be a pain in the ass to assemble. You would need to cut a slit opposite of the old one, bend the spring catch 180 degrees and maybe drill some holes or hollow the inside of the BHO out so you can get to the retaining spring/shepards crook. I'm gonna go take mine apart now and see how possible this is, if I end up doing it i'll do a writeup.

• Like 1

Animportant disruptive person directly on barricade. What you require at a buzzbacker around the 3-4 and also as some Nufactured into your preserving subboxes (wonder Nickel, Dollar). When opponent's attack planners activate thisspecific record, they should go to the competitor which will trigger tycheap jerseys

WTF!!!!

• 2 weeks later...