Russian 8 round mags

i just checked rus mil, and they have izzy 8 rounders. I also bought another SVDS folder..that website is making me go broke.

Eeek. And they're £11 more expensive than the last time! So even removing the VAT and adding shipping you're probably somewhere near $160 delivered.

Wow $160 delievered? Thats pretty rough! Can someone explain to me why these aren't reproducable by any of the american mag companies?

I know what you mean. We've got some good aftermarket US hi-cap magazines (SGM & AGP), but I'd still much rather have some Russian 8's. On the plus side though, MD Arms is supposed to have some double stack S12 magazines available later this year. His drums are supposedly as reliable as anything OEM, but I can only speak from what I've read, as I don't own one yet. (soon though)

I'm holding out for those instead of buying the 8's from rusmilitary. And as much as I'd love the real deal, I'm just not in a position where I can spend $160 on a magazine right now.

Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath on the MD double stacks though.. I remember the announcement that they were going to be here "soon" which was like a year ago. There's definitely a market out there for them, though. I'm sure he'd sell a ton. I also love my MD-20 drum.

• Like 1

Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath on the MD double stacks though.. I remember the announcement that they were going to be here "soon" which was like a year ago. There's definitely a market out there for them, though. I'm sure he'd sell a ton. I also love my MD-20 drum.

September 2009 was when the DS thread was started.

I'd love some more Izzy 8s but $160 a pop is really steep. I bought one for like $135 delivered just so I could have one and I ended up having to sell two textbooks to pay for it.

Wow $160 delievered? Thats pretty rough! Can someone explain to me why these aren't reproducable by any of the american mag companies?

Well, they ARE reproducible, for sure.. the Russian mags are well made, and have steel reinforcement inserts in them. If made in the US you're probably looking at $70 or so a mag.

But there isn't THAT much incentive to do so. The S-12 market isn't all that large, you know - and for many folks a $30 or $40 plastic mag from AGP or SGM is just fine.

If you're planning on staking your life on your S12, you NEED steel reinforcment - and then, well, $160 per mag is pretty cheap if your life depends on it, right?

If you want ruggedness and low cost, just get a few factory 5 round mags.