Gunbroker "deal" SUX

So I went for that gunbroker deal that was posted on this site(not by the actual seller, just as an FYI kinda thing) and got it today, Hesse junks. no bayo lugs, jerry rigged hg retainer, muzzle brake welded on to original saiga FSB, crappy furniture, welded feed ramp, very disappointing.

Called Chris @ AKUSA immediately to find out what I could do, and he told me he has performed many succesful reworks of Hesse hacks and I should make sure she functions properly, and if she does, he can fix the rest. (Might I add that he is one hell of a nice and helpful guy) So I guess maybe it'll be worth it, I think I'll have him turn her into an AK-104 (I think 104) with the shortened barrel and 90 degree gas block. Hopefully everything will turn out alright, it will just take longer and cost more, oh well. Ultimately I paid $400 for a converted saiga, not too bad of a deal, and they are dryin up so I guess I can live with it. What were unconverted 7.62x39 saiga's goin for, I thought it was 260 or so?

Edited by chris410

Yeah, its like the bulgy/US repros that K-var sells for milled receivers but it isnt the same, its kind of shiny and scratchy, if that makes sense. AKUSA said that most of the Hesse's had this furniture. The sling swivels arent even right

Its for sale, $30 shipped, everything--stock, HG's, and PG :lolol: .

damn if i had another ak i'd get that stock set!

that sux that you got burned from a gunbroker deal. i've had numerous deals on gunbroker and zero problems so far.

well i know to stay far far away from hesse ak's and converts.