AK diopter setup (rotary drum like on HK's)

So I've had this dream for awhile now to use a diopter style sight, like found on the MP5 called the HK 416/417 sights-(front/rear) or another similar setup or even aftermarket setups. The front sight seems to be easy to figure out-my first choise will be a FSB/gas block combination for the AK if it shows to be the correct height, otherwise there is a weld on front sight I will make work so thats no biggie.

I'm not sure what to do with the rear, I want the rifle as stock AK looking as possible, minus AK rear leaf of course. What are some ideas you guys may have for mounting? Custom jobs (ie metal fab/welding) is always a plus, as long as its clean and minimal I'm all for one-off. I'm thinking about one of those rail adapters that attaches to the factory rear sight and then goes over the dust cover and attaches at the rear using a buttstock hole. One major thing that concerns me with that idea tho is the 6 inches or so of rail in front of the sight, its to much for me on an AK, I do not like the "tacticool" look, its not a black rifle after all. Thinking about a dust cover mounting solution, something custom, not a cheap UTG tri-rail but I'm not sure if movement is going to be a huge issue with iron sights like not retaining zero would be with a scope or other type of sights. The other idea I have is a typical side mount, but trim it down to the minimal amount needed at the rear-most part just for the rear drum to have enough of a base to hold on secure.

Another thing is I notice when looking at aftermarket sight sets they list the sight radius they should be placed at, how strictly do you need to adhere to those measurements for proper sight picture? I found a set specific for AR 's that had one set if you were going to place them 9.x" from each other and another set if you were going to place them 14.x" apart is the first I had even heard of that.