Value of 100 rd drum

The 100rd drums are pretty pricey. They were Chinese made and no longer imported. The prices vary widely on the auction sites, I would ball park them at $250 or so. For that kind of money you are probably better of buying the 75rd drums or waiting for quadstacks, although I really love the wind-up drums for long term storage.

Here is a link: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=245957281

Thanks for the replys guys. I have one and it seems I got a great deal! The guy I got it from did not know how to release it and thought it was broken. :) Over the past few years I have put lots of rounds through it with no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

A while back, during the great gun scare of 2008-2009, I called a guy who had advertised in the paper that he had steel core chinese X39 ammo for sale. He wanted more than I was willing to pay, so I asked him if he had any other AK stuff he wanted to get rid of. He said he had 2 drums. I asked what capacity, he said 75 and 100. I asked how much, he said $75 for the 75 rounders and $100 for the 100's. So I jumped in the car, went and bought them. The next week, he called me up and said he had found some more, so I bought them too. :smoke: I also picked up a Bulgarian 75 round drum when they were coming in, hopefully it will be a collector's item. As I understand it, the chinese drums used to be plentiful to the point that people would give them away when you purchased a 1000 round case of ammo. Then the trade restrictions or whatever happened, and they dried up. Rumor has it that the Bulgarian drums were really Chinese drums stamped with a 10, and fenced through Bulgaria, but I never really confirmed that. But you don't really see the Bulgarian drums anymore.

DSCF1179.jpg

The Romanian/Bulgy/Euro open back drum that were imported, WERE chinese made, and then marked in England to show they weren't made in China, and then brought into the USA under a false importation permit.

I read the indictment of the importers, which specified all the charges, what they did, etc.

And, I had an importer tell me at the time they were coming in, that it was well known they were chinese made, because nobody in Europe had ever made them, only the Russian type, and then magically a few thousand drums become available from a mystery plant located in Bulgaria, some said Romania, etc.

You only have to see them side by side together, to know they were made in the same factory.

You wanna see silly fun? I have one of the even rarer chinese 120 round AR-15 mags, all steel, and it appears to be a 100 round drum with a different mag adapter, with different guts, now 120 round in a AR pistol, thats SICK!

Edited by Mr Mivet