Oh no, I have a feeling it's gonna be one of those days..... unsure.gif

huh.gif

post-1293-0-95519200-1312988903_thumb.jpg

blink.gif

My computer seems to be a little confuzzled today! wacko.gif It wasn't this way when I went to bed last night. Tried restarting it and that didn't help. Everything works normally but it's all upside down. WTF?

Calling all computer gurus! Help! 021.gif Haven't tried unplugging the monitor yet....maybe I'll give that a try.

Could someone be messing with you? I've done that to people in the office by playing with the video card settings. One guy ended up putting his monitor on its side (I rotated everything on the screen 90 degrees)! haha. If that's not the issue I'm as confused as you are.

My brother in law just had the same problem:

In Control Panel>Display>Settings tab>Advanced button, look for settings relating to display or screen position.

Newer video cards have the capability to flip the display 90 and 180 degrees for use with LCD screens that can be rotated.</span>

Damn this is crazy. Thanks for the tip Dave, I'm still trying to find video card settings in there. I know one thing...I'm starting to get a headache reading and operating this damn thing with everything upside down and backasswards. Even the mouse is opposite of normal...lol. Shit I think I'm gonna just turn my monitor upside down til I can figure this shit out...018.gif

CBR how exactly did you switch it up on that dude at work...?

Had any teenagers in the house lately? :)

Right-click on an empty spot on the background and then click "Properties". Then click the "Settings" tab. That will get you to the Display settings. You can also go through Control Panel and click the Display icon. If you have a hidden Nvidia or ATI icon down near the Clock (in what should be the lower right corner), click that and the controls to flip the image may be right there.

If none of that helps, try going to Accessories-System Tools- System Restore and select a restore point from last week. That will not change any of your data, it will just restore the system settings to a prior date.

Cobra - We did it with the "ATI" or "Nvidia" symbol on the lower right corner of the screen on your taskbar in Windows. You may or may not have this on your computer.

Otherwise the above advice is your best bet. To get to control panel (depending on your version of Windows) you can click the Start Menu (lower left corner when in Windows). It should be in the right column once you click that start menu. Then the above advice should work (display settings, etc.)

Good luck! Otherwise get used to doing headstands ;)

Edited by CBR Shadow

Oh no, I have a feeling it's gonna be one of those days..... unsure.gif

huh.gif

post-1293-0-95519200-1312988903_thumb.jpg

blink.gif

My computer seems to be a little confuzzled today! wacko.gif It wasn't this way when I went to bed last night. Tried restarting it and that didn't help. Everything works normally but it's all upside down. WTF?

Calling all computer gurus! Help! 021.gif Haven't tried unplugging the monitor yet....maybe I'll give that a try.

Try typing CTRL+ALT + up.

That should fix it.

We used to do this to the new guys at work all the time :)

Quicker than going into the display settings.

Hope that works .

And on a side note you can, when you find out who screwed with your computer, you can use the same CTRL+ ALT + (left,right,down) to screw with their screen too.

Edited by Thor88

Wow man I wish I had gotten that info earlier this morning. Talk about a friggin wasted few hours I coulda been working..... grrrr! Thanks for the help guys. After screwing around with all the controls I could find reading upside down, I finally gave up on trying to learn something and did the system restore. That worked.

Ha that's funny Thor! Maybe I'll do that to my gal's puter when she's not looking and get a good laugh. My luck I wouldn't be able to get it back right again...lol.

Weird thing is, nobody could have done that between 3 or 4 AM or so when I went to sleep, and this morning when we both got up together. Unless it was that damned cat!! Hmmmmmm.... He did screw with my settings accidentally one time and tripped me out. I was typing and he walked across the keyboard and apparently stepped on the Ctrl key. It changed the font size all out of whack and it took me a while to get some help from another member here who saw me asking WTF.

Damn I hate computers sometimes!

Wow man I wish I had gotten that info earlier this morning. Talk about a friggin wasted few hours I coulda been working..... grrrr! Thanks for the help guys. After screwing around with all the controls I could find reading upside down, I finally gave up on trying to learn something and did the system restore. That worked.

Ha that's funny Thor! Maybe I'll do that to my gal's puter when she's not looking and get a good laugh. My luck I wouldn't be able to get it back right again...lol.

Weird thing is, nobody could have done that between 3 or 4 AM or so when I went to sleep, and this morning when we both got up together. Unless it was that damned cat!! Hmmmmmm.... He did screw with my settings accidentally one time and tripped me out. I was typing and he walked across the keyboard and apparently stepped on the Ctrl key. It changed the font size all out of whack and it took me a while to get some help from another member here who saw me asking WTF.

Damn I hate computers sometimes!

I bet that crazy cat of yours did it :rolleyes:

If that happened and you were the last to touch it, it could have been a virus or trojan. It is probably good that you did a restore, but if somebody had remote access to your computer they could have your passwords for websites and such so I would change those passwords.

Before you go through that trouble ask the people who could have been around and flip the screen like that. Tell the to be honest, you really need to know and tell them that you had to restore because of it also.

Good luck on that, you ever have a computer related question, PM me.

ETA: And flipping the screen like that is way too advanced for any kitty even though mine crawls over my keyboard all the time it would involve clicking on a specific spot, clicking again on the menu that scrolls up, then checking a box, then hitting apply... I think the odds of him getting a key combo are pretty null.

Edited by ThirtyAughtSix