I found this website bulkammo.com and it has two types, PMC which I bought a few hundred rounds of at a local gun store, and TulAmmo which is steel cased and I believe it is russian made. The Tulammo is far cheaper of course, but has anyone else had any experience with it? I kinda want to buy a large amount for the range but if it will hurt my rifle I have no desire to even think of running it through my Saiga. If anyone knows another source for bulk ammo, 1000 rounds or more, please let me know.

I found this website bulkammo.com and it has two types, PMC which I bought a few hundred rounds of at a local gun store, and TulAmmo which is steel cased and I believe it is russian made. The Tulammo is far cheaper of course, but has anyone else had any experience with it? I kinda want to buy a large amount for the range but if it will hurt my rifle I have no desire to even think of running it through my Saiga. If anyone knows another source for bulk ammo, 1000 rounds or more, please let me know.

ammoseek.com. saw it on another thread and now it's all i use

• Like 1

I run the Tula stuf a lot through my Saiga and a couple of my Ar's with very few issues. None o the Saiga. Its a little dirty but nothing that I'd deem unusual or excessive. Buy it, shoot it, have fun and keep wife happy cuz its cheap!

Yeah I might as well, its not like I am going to war with this ammo, just something to shoot at the range. As long as it doesn't hurt my precious Saiga I don't care. I do notice that the ends get crimped as they are ejected when i shoot PMC, is that normal for this rifle to do? Thought about reloading but not if I have to fix each casing.

TulAmmo produces the largest smoke cloud I've ever seen out of the muzzle of a .223. I'm not buying any more.

Silver Bear 64gr soft-points. The tips are rough and my half-case came with red lacquer on the primers. Shiny, slick zinc-coated steel cases.

Hornady 55gr HP steel match was really good. Can't seem to find it in stock anywhere though, and it's pricy for steel-cased.

Going to try some Wolf WPA 55gr FMJ polymer coated next.

• 2 weeks later...
I do notice that the ends get crimped as they are ejected when i shoot PMC, is that normal for this rifle to do?

I can't say that I have had this happen on every round but I do have it happen occasionally. To put it as bluntly as possible; AK's are pretty hard on brass. There are some things you can do, TO AN EXTENT that will help protect the brass but in most cases the modification is more of a hassle than anything. I have to say that yes the Tulammo is fairly dirty and that it does produce a little more smoke but I don't have an issue with it. I shoot it a lot and most importantly its cheap cheap cheap. If you can handle the fouling then I say go for it. So, my thoughts are that if you keep getting dented brass then you could save some hassle and just shoot the cheap stuff at targets and set your good stuff back for a rainy day. On the other hand you could try to do a few of the mods I've seen to help protect the brass some.