10 and 12 round Drum mags-Info thread

I am looking to get a 10 or 12 round drum mag,any benefit to the 10 over the 12 or vice versa?

Whats a good reliable drum mag?

expert or experienced info please as I am sure this will answer questions quite a few will have as more people buy and modify these saiga 12's

Thanks

I have two of the Promag 12 drums and after about 400+ rounds through each, they have been 100% trouble free. I don't own their 20s but I do have a MD20 which is just as flawless. I like the 12 due to compactness and ease of loading.

As to mags. The factory 8s are the best. They are extremely pricey (I have one only). The AGP 10 rnd sticks are great, I have 10 so far. Surefires are good too and can be cut down to the capacity you prefer. All my Surefires are cut to 8 rnds (6 so far).

Drums:

MD20

Promag 12 (10 if in restricted States)

Mags:

Factory 8s

AGP 10s

Surefire 12s (cut down as well)

I have a few ProMag 10's and they work great. The first one needed a little bit of a break-in but once I ran a few rounds through it, it functioned flawlessly. I still love my AGP 10's, but the drums are very nice as well. I also have a 10 round ProMag stick mag that was a piece of crap until I put an extra AGP spring I had in it. I dont recommend those unless you just have to have that waffle pattern and are willing to shell out a few extra bucks for the AGP spring. I'm pretty sure Chaos is working on an 8 or 10 round drum. I absolutely must have a few of those. It sure would be nice if MD made a 10 rounder...